Suffering from Burnout - Can I FIRE?

Maybe it was just me. About a year after I left, seeing Dilbert strips was about as interesting as conversations on finding a better job. :p A few years later they became fun again.

dory36 said:
Maybe it was just me. About a year after I left, seeing Dilbert strips was about as interesting as conversations on finding a better job. :p A few years later they became fun again.

I'm a year into retirement and Dilbert is still humorous at times. On the other hand, the TV show "The Office" is like watching people get tortured. Not only is it not funny, it's downright painful to watch. :p

REWahoo! said:
I'm a year into retirement and Dilbert is still humorous at times.  On the other hand, the TV show "The Office" is like watching people get tortured.  Not only is it not funny, it's downright painful to watch. :p
The most fun of all is e-mailing the first to your (working) spouse and tape-recording the second for her to watch at the end of the workday...

Nords said:
REWahoo! said:
I'm a year into retirement and Dilbert is still humorous at times.  On the other hand, the TV show "The Office" is like watching people get tortured.  Not only is it not funny, it's downright painful to watch. :p
The most fun of all is e-mailing the first to your (working) spouse and tape-recording the second for her to watch at the end of the workday...
Divorce is rough on the ER plans...

dory36 said:
Nords said:
REWahoo! said:
The heck with divorce, homicide is even rougher!

dory36 said:
Nords said:
dory36 said:
Nords said:
REWahoo! said:
I'm trapped inside a nested quote, and all passages look alike...

You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all different.

Plugh.

Xyzzy.

isnt it amazing the dumb crap that remains in your brain for years after its no longer very useful?

dory36 said:
dory36 said:
Nords said:
dory36 said:
Nords said:
REWahoo! said:
I'm trapped inside a nested quote, and all passages look alike...
I tried to get out of a quote box the other day. It didn't work. Heelp

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
isnt it amazing the dumb crap that remains in your brain for years after its no longer very useful?
Only the stuff left over from an entire career, including at least two nuclear power plant systems that no longer exist...

... but someday someone somewhere will ask me how to bias their magnetic amplifier, and I'll smile.

Back
Top Bottom