Survey Invitation for Hobby-Jobs

sjperry

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi all! My hubby and I are in constant planning for an ER. We are currently thinking about real estate investments and of course, saving as much as possible each month.

I'm excited to have found this forum to learn more about what we need to do to accomplish our goals. I am also excited to have found this forum because it seems many are now pursuing their true passions as jobs, now that they can! I am doing a study on this topic, as a psychology PhD student, and you can see my next post for info on that.

Looking forward to participating!

Sara
Houston, TX

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. Why are you pursuing another degree if you want to retire soon? Just curious.

If you like to golf think about working on a golf course as they only pay minimum wage and they are seasonal students and retired people are the only ones who can afford to work there.In the past i have worked on 5 different courses and when your work is done grab a cart (free) and some golf clubs (free) and go golfing all for free.Call it a hobby job

very true - i think that's the kind of hobby-job that would bring mostly positive outcomes!! i used to work at a country club in high school, but that was before i was into playing golf. so now i kick myself at all the free golf i missed out on!

Welcome to the forums. Why are you pursuing another degree if you want to retire soon? Just curious.

Welcome to the forums sj. Look forward to hearing more about your survey project and results.

And Template, "ER" and "Soon" are not necessarily synonymous. And besides, does getting another degree rule out ER? Some people might want to ER so they have time to pursue another degree! ;)

And Template, "ER" and "Soon" are not necessarily synonymous. And besides, does getting another degree rule out ER? Some people might want to ER so they have time to pursue another degree! ;)

I misjudged her ER timeframe.

If you like to golf think about working on a golf course as they only pay minimum wage and they are seasonal students and retired people are the only ones who can afford to work there.In the past i have worked on 5 different courses and when your work is done grab a cart (free) and some golf clubs (free) and go golfing all for free.Call it a hobby job

That's a great idea... I never thought of a "hobby job". Thanks for the post jambo101.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom