Things are happening way quicker than expected

sinjin

Recycles dryer sheets
So we decided we would FIRE off next year. Being the cautious folks we are we decided we should sell our large house before we bought a new smaller home. We have friends who have had their houses for sale for > 2 years. We spiffed up the house, mainly paint, de-cluttered like mad and listed the place 7/1 at an aggressive price (still 27k above highest realter's suggestion, 70k above lowest suggestion). No one showed up over the weekend, duh! but we got a good contract on 7/7 (8k above highest realter's suggested listing price). Now we need to be out by 8/9. YIKES.

We are kind of giddy and kind of nostalgic and a lot shell shocked.

Mrsin is going to work in Mi this fall, I'm camping out in the airstream and we are trying to figure out our next step. WOW, life is interesting.

Congrats on the sale of the house! Does that mean you get to pull the ripcord earlier?

R

Mrsin has to wait til he's 60 so we get continuous health/dental insurance. That happens April 2012, but he has enough DOT and vacation and misc. other time off coming that he will not have to work after the first of the year if he doesn't want to. I will be making my decision in the next two weeks.

And now we are packing and selling stuff like mad and trying to figure out what to keep, what to give away and what to trash. Gah, going from 3300sqft plus a 2000sq ft basement into a 1300 sq ft house with no basement is HARD. And the fact that we won't actually have the new place for at least 6 months and the singuy is going to a motel at his work location and it's the camper for me is.......harsh.

Ahhhhhh, life is interesting.:cool:

Congratulations to both of you! On retiring I downsized to almost less than a quarter of my previous home, it was exhilarating. Peeling away so much baggage was hard but liberating. Enjoy this new adventure and chapter in your lives.

Queen

August 9th, YIKES!! But thank your lucky stars you have a sale. Lots of home sellers envy you.

Maybe its just my circle but is there a rash of offers on homes right now? I wonder if buyers want to lock in mortgage interest rates before this deficit mess impacts them.

Back
Top Bottom