Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone View Post
I have seen folks who lived on the power and authority that they had as managers. They were tyrants, and when they retired they were powerless. One previous manager tried to talk with a former underling in the grocery store. The underling told him, in no uncertain terms, that most people felt he was an (expletive), and to never approach him again!
I had a similar experience when I met an very nasty administrator I worked under for a short time. She gave me the same fake smile she had used at work - the one she used before she sank her teeth deep into your neck. Then she attempted to engage me in conversation. I acted as though I had no memory of her at all - she was of such little importance that I could not even remember she was my boss for a while. I have to admit it felt good.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!