Time to change my username.....

SomedaySoon

Recycles dryer sheets
Well I kept pretty close to my original plan:

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f26/starting-the-countdown-52575.html

But a few things happened on the way. I was going to give notice in April on my 53rd birthday, but decided to burn a couple of weeks vacation first. When I got back, I was RIF'd. So now I get a few months of unplanned severance !!! :dance:Wooo Hooooo !!!

Also my wife was going to get a part time job to pay for health insurance. Instead she found a great full time job she loves (with full benefits) and makes enough to cover all the normal bills. It may only last a few years, till she decides to pack it in also, but that gives the retirement assets time to grow up a bit more on their own.

so SomeDaySoon is no longer an appropriate username, but I'll hold on to it for sentimental reasons....

Wow. You go on vacation, your company gives you a big bonus to retire early and you become a kept man. Congratulations! Life doesn't get any better than this!

Oh, man, am I jealous. That is exactly how I want to go out. It actually happened to me last year, but after a few months a job offer fell in my lap and I foolishly accepted. I'm hoping lightning will strike twice.
Congratulations.

Whoo Hoo!:dance: I wish you guys could tell me how you did it. A severance package just before FIRE! Must be living right.:angel:

Well I kept pretty close to my original plan:

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f26/starting-the-countdown-52575.html

But a few things happened on the way. I was going to give notice in April on my 53rd birthday, but decided to burn a couple of weeks vacation first. When I got back, I was RIF'd. So now I get a few months of unplanned severance !!! :dance:Wooo Hooooo !!!

Also my wife was going to get a part time job to pay for health insurance. Instead she found a great full time job she loves (with full benefits) and makes enough to cover all the normal bills. It may only last a few years, till she decides to pack it in also, but that gives the retirement assets time to grow up a bit more on their own.

so SomeDaySoon is no longer an appropriate username, but I'll hold on to it for sentimental reasons....

Some people are just very fortunate. DW and I were hoping to be RIF'd, but no such luck.

Congratulations!

Congrats SomeDaySoon!

I see you mentioned the severance package, how about unemployment benefits? :D

Enjoy your ER.

I see you mentioned the severance package, how about unemployment benefits? :D

Well, I am considering foregoing my retirement for a little while and seeing what opportunities are available >:D

Well, I am considering foregoing my retirement for a little while and seeing what opportunities are available >:D

Just one more year.....

I think someone can ride unemployment for awhile nowadays... nice coffee $$ and gas

Fantastic news! Congratulations!

Congratulations on your smart choices and good fortune.

We're going to have to sticky this thread for the next poster who wants to know how much advance notice of retirement to give their employer.

Sheesh, you are so right!:cool:

Congratulations to OP for being so darn lucky ;)

Amethyst

We're going to have to sticky this thread for the next poster who wants to know how much advance notice of retirement to give their employer.

Back
Top Bottom