Join Early Retirement Today

Time to say hello!!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Time to say hello!!

Hi all, I have been a long time reader of this forum and have gleaned a lot of really great information on how to approach retirement both from a real life perspective as well as the financial end. Thank you very much!!

DW and I are working on a four year plan of escaping the w*** world and starting a new chapter of life, we have been pretty good savers through the years and are ticking the idea of camp hosting or workamping our way through the US.

So I am a little embarrassed for being a member so long and never posting....

But again would like to say thanks for the great information!! This forum is really great.

Jeff
like2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2015, 03:42 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Glad you decided to join in like2. I agree there is a lot of great information on this forum that helped give us the confidence to ER last year. Do you plan to be a full time RVer when you retire? I have read quite a bit about workamping and it sounds like some of the gigs are pretty nice while others maybe not so nice.

Good luck with your four year plan. We had a five year plan but it actually ended up taking us eight years to cross the finish line thanks to the Great Recession a few years back. Regardless, you have to have a plan.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:42 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Welcome to the world of posting. Don't wait so long before your next one.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:10 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

A four year readiness period worked well for me. Chip away!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Welcome, always love hearing from other members and see what their goals are!
Katiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks for the replies! I will definitely try to post a bit more often!
like2 is offline   Reply With Quote