Too funny

Man...my company firewall blocked the h$ll out of link you attached. I'll probably make someone's bad list :D

wow. Over $1000 per month to borrow a car for 3 years?

The poster on the other site must be "accidentally" (on purpose) bragging, not seriously trying to figure out if he really got a good deal!

The site in question is a poker discussion site.  A lot of young poker players get on a good run and start thinking that $100,000/year winnings are normal and will continue forever.  Very few of them survive when their luck evens out.  Usually this is because they've spent all the money they won on stuff like $1000/month cars.  :D

Note-- I have played poker recreationally for 7-8 years.  I am a small winner over that time period (about $2-$3/hr).  There are people making $100,000/year playing poker (or more).  You have to be an astoundingly good player to do so though.

justin said:
wow.  Over $1000 per month to borrow a car for 3 years? 

The poster on the other site must be "accidentally" (on purpose) bragging, not seriously trying to figure out if he really got a good deal!

Hamlet said:
. . .There are people making $100,000/year playing poker (or more).  You have to be an astoundingly good player to do so though.
Or really bad at computing your cash flow :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wow...it is interesting in hearing how the $ silly think - they don't understand the true power/freedom that money can provide - just get a ride the girls will like. - Rent a limo for the girl once a month and save the other $600! I wonder where this guy will be in 10 years..... :dead:

Hell, if all you care about is snagging women with that BMW, just think of how many hookers you could get for $37,000 :D And you wouldn't have to worry about increased car insurance, either.

If he's asking strangers if he got a good deal, what are the chances he actually DID get one:confused:

That guy needs to read his lease paperwork.........it's all "in there"...........

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Donzo said:
Wow...it is interesting in hearing how the $ silly think - they don't understand the true power/freedom that money can provide - just get a ride the girls will like. -  Rent a limo for the girl once a month and save the other $600!  I wonder where this guy will be in 10 years..... :dead:

You see a lot of this silliness on the luxury car forums on the Edmonds site. The money spent on after market add ons in addition to the vehicles themselves is sometimes mind boggling. All I could think of was how far these folks are on the opposite side of the spectrum from the majority of posters on this Board.

Andre1969 said:
Hell, if all you care about is snagging women with that BMW, just think of how many hookers you could get for $37,000  :D  And you wouldn't have to worry about increased car insurance, either.

Medical insurance, on the other hand...

Life is not without risk.

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

Last night I caught a few minutes of a new-gadgets show on HGTV. They featured tricked-out car wheels with flashing kaleidoscopic patterns and such. Gonna cause some accidents I expect, but wowee zowee!

Ack got sent to a poker site at work !!
Funny that they let me on the first page and then I got the standard website blocked msg.
I cant believe they got 7 pages of responses to that post.

$950/month for a car lease? :eek: Heck, I feel guilty for paying $300 on a car purchase. To me, a car is a means to an end. Buying a car like that seems more about getting attention. Personally, I don't need other people to validate my life by telling me how sexy my car is :)

Back
Top Bottom