Took me a while to find my stride

AZBob

Confused about dryer sheets
Retired at 52 after my radio consulting biz took a dive. Decided time to enjoy my life on the ground and not in an airplane and hotel room. Best move I ever made. Relationships and creativity have benefited greatly.

Took me some time to figure out what I wanted to do and I went through a period of fear and worry. But came out the other side just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bob! I have a ways to go before early retirement (not even 40 yet), but these forums always good motivation for me. Welcome aboard!

Welcome! I look forward to your contributions to this forum, and hopefully, you'll get some value back.

Wrong?

I'm betting we'll never hear from Bob again - the only reason he posted was to spam his blog address....

Actually, I was posting to engage in a meaningful diologue with retired people. But, if this is the type of flaming that exists on this forum, you are right. I have better uses for my time.

By the way, retired people actually have interests, many have part time jobs, and some are even interested in learning something new. Your definition of retired must be amazingly narrow.

Welcome! I look forward to your contributions to this forum, and hopefully, you'll get some value back.

If the flame from REWahoo is any indication of the type of participant, then ,No, I won't be spending much time here. Apparently I commited a fatal error by including a link to a new retirement-based, ad-free blog. I make no money from it (hence the ad-free nature) but hope to help people looking for answers.

I guess that is against the rules.

Actually, I was posting to engage in a meaningful diologue with retired people.
Posting a four sentence intro including your blog address then disappearing for 10 days indicates a somewhat different motive.

Apparently I commited a fatal error by including a link to a new retirement-based, ad-free blog. I make no money from it (hence the ad-free nature) but hope to help people looking for answers.

I guess that is against the rules.

Yes, it is against the Community Rules which you agreed to abide by (and supposedly read) when you signed up for forum membership.

And as to your blog being ad-free, I see that as a temporary condition:
I have decided to remove all ads from the blog, for the time being.

Rules

My experience with forums is they are friendly places. Apparently you operate by a different set of rules. I didn't post in 10 days because when I checked the forum several times I saw no new posts that interested me. I didn't rea;ize I had to participate on a set schedule.

Let's just agree this is a bad match and I won't darken your door anymore.

Wow.... lots of post quickly...

I guess he IS gone for good now...

Seems to have very thin skin if he thought that he was being flamed... I thought it was a post saying what was correct...

But then... the poster did come back and started to throw around negative comments... man, it this what people do for a living:confused: Not a great way to get people to come to your site...

Hey... does anybody even look at that Mom who made minimum wage and retired a ....... you know who I am talking about :greetings10:

Hey... does anybody even look at that Mom who made minimum wage and retired a ....... you know who I am talking about :greetings10:
No, not since her blog was "hacked and disabled" in October of 2008, in the midst of the market meltdown. When she started a new blog, information about her portfolio was missing - no more details about her investments or monthly updates on her portfolio value.

Probably just a coincidence...:cool:

...many have part time jobs...
Uh, then they are not retired in the true sense of the word (look it up in Webster's).

Semi-retired, cut back from full time, ESR, or any other term is not a problem. Just don't call yourself retired (heck, I earned the right to label myself "retired" ; I get upset when somebody else who isn't there yet uses the term, and thinks that they are the same as me :whistle: )....

I was on hiatus during the ...you know what mom... episode. Sounds like a good thing. Funny about her portfolio. Strange also that someone with all that dough and investing knowledge is, according to a link on her website, "coaching" for a mere $90 per half hour.

To the financial scammers and spammers of the world, this forum must be like chum to sharks.

ReWahoo! I feel you came on too strong & didn't give him a chance. A PM to ask him to delete his blog link may have been a better move. If his later posts pushed his blog to the exclusion of any other useful input, then I would have joined you in pushing him out.

I missed the blog link (and see it isn't there any more), but I think I know which one it is, and it is a pretty good read.

ReWahoo! I feel you came on too strong & didn't give him a chance. A PM to ask him to delete his blog link may have been a better move. If his later posts pushed his blog to the exclusion of any other useful input, then I would have joined you in pushing him out.

I missed the blog link (and see it isn't there any more), but I think I know which one it is, and it is a pretty good read.

IMO, if the guy is so thin skinned that ONE (or maybe two) post from ONE person can drive him away.... then he was here for the wrong reasons... and ReWahoo was right...

Who is that Mom? Was she a Spammer? I must have missed her post(s)?!

Yes... she was her to hawk her website... and got a good pasting by the people here...

I just took a look at her site.... wow... got hacked and 'lost everything'... but she LOOKS like she is now giving financial advice without a license (I did not see any reference to one)... but probably will claim she is not giving financial advice... and for $165 per hour... but says she is only working 5 hours a week... I read a few of her posts... and some do not make sense to me... to each his own....

I want to know something.... but will start another thread to get the info...

Perhaps it would have been a better move for you to PM me with your criticism of my actions. However, I don't have any issue with the fact you did not.

And for the record, I didn't delete his blog link, it was done by a moderator - I'm an ex-mod with nothing more than an opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom