Join Early Retirement Today

Tums sugar free
Old 12-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Tums sugar free

Does anybody know why Tums discontinued Tums sugar free?
tony23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #2

They still have sugar free on their website.
https://www.tums.com/products/extra-750/
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
They still have sugar free on their website.
https://www.tums.com/products/extra-750/
It means nothing that they have it on their website. I just ordered it from them a few days ago, they sent me an email saying it was discontinued.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the boards.

Why don't you ask Tums?
Old 12-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

That's terrible news for me. I'm a dedicated user. I've been buying them from amazon (a four pack of 80 tablets per container) for $12.85. Just checked - amazon no longer carries them; an amazon listed vendor wants $65 for the same 4-pack!

So I'd say it's pretty certain they've been discontinued. Why? Don't know, but it's been a while since my local Walmart and pharmacies have carried them.
fosterscik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony23 View Post
Does anybody know why Tums discontinued Tums sugar free?
tony23, I don't know the answer to your question, but perhaps in time someone who does know the answer will post.

In the meantime, we encourage you to post an introduction on the "Hi, I Am.." section of the forum so that we can get to know you a little better and vice versa. Welcome to the Early Retirement Forum!

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Welcome to the boards.

Why don't you ask Tums?
I'm reluctant to ask Tums since I doubt if they'd tell the truth, but I'll ask any way and let everyone know what they say.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So they can twist more money out of diabetics who get indigestion.
razztazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #9

I just looked at Kmart and it showed as being available in store for my local area. This was for the orange extra strength sugar free type.
Perhaps if you do some looking around you can find some in stock somewhere in a store.
powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

The usual reason companies discontinue things is because they're not selling enough to make it worth their while to continue to make them.
Spudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Welcome to the boards.

Why don't you ask Tums?
I did ask Tums. The woman I spoke to said they were having "supply problems". My bottle of Tums (bought from Costco two weeks ago) doesn't contain sugar, but does contain sucrose and talc--which I guess means I contain sucrose and talc.

Thanks for the welcome to the boards. I'm sure I will eventually learn a lot from all the smart people here.

Added: I guess sucrose is sugar.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
I did ask Tums. The woman I spoke to said they were having "supply problems". My bottle of Tums (bought from Costco two weeks ago) doesn't contain sugar, but does contain sucrose and talc--which I guess means I contain sucrose and talc.

Thanks for the welcome to the boards. I'm sure I will eventually learn a lot from all the smart people here.

Added: I guess sucrose is sugar.
Sucrose is sugar.Sucrose is a common, naturally occurring carbohydrate found in many plants and plant parts. Saccharose is an obsolete name for sugars in general, especially sucrose.[4] The molecule is a disaccharide combination of the monosaccharides glucose and fructose with the formula C12H22O11.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #13

walmart.com shows orange extra strength sugar free tums for 7.97 per bottle of 80
wmc1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmc1000 View Post
walmart.com shows orange extra strength sugar free tums for 7.97 per bottle of 80
I tried to order from Walmart online a few days ago, it didn't work. I'd never drive to Walmart, too far, parking lot is a madhouse,help is slovenly and lazy. I ordered a sugar free antacid from this outfit
drugotc.com
Old 12-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony23 View Post
Sucrose is sugar.Sucrose is a common, naturally occurring carbohydrate found in many plants and plant parts. Saccharose is an obsolete name for sugars in general, especially sucrose.[4] The molecule is a disaccharide combination of the monosaccharides glucose and fructose with the formula C12H22O11.
+1
IIRC there are 56 different names added sugar could go by. Sucrose is very common as are most words ending in "ose".
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
+1
IIRC there are 56 different names added sugar could go by. Sucrose is very common as are most words ending in "ose".
Except "sucralose" which is "Splenda" and is basically calorie free.

(But you're right, -ose is the general suffice for sugars)
mpeirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Welcome to the boards.

Why don't you ask Tums?

Thank you for your e-mail message regarding Tums® E-X Sugar Free Orange antacid.

Unfortunately, the reason you are unable to find our product at this time is because we are currently experiencing a manufacturing delay of some of the Tums® variants. GSK has taken action to prioritize our most popular Tums® products. We apologize for the inconvenience you may be experiencing during this time.
The Tums® E-X Sugar Free Orange is currently not available. This is a temporary situation and we are working diligently to bring Tums® back to your retail shelf soon.

We recognize our consumers to be a very valuable asset and appreciate your taking the time to contact us. If we may be of future assistance, please call us at 1-800-897-7535 weekdays from 9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. E.T.
Sincerely,

Shari
Customer Care Team Lead
Consumer Relations
This is the reply I got.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
+1
Got it. Thanks.

Just wondering: do the 56 names include nose, bellicose and moose?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #19

I noticed the Kroger brand had a sugar-free variety in our local Frys Food yesterday. ~$2 for a bottle of orange flavored.
Ian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
Got it. Thanks.

Just wondering: do the 56 names include nose, bellicose and moose?
No but if you can find a USDA label that contains moose let me know. It's surprising how much game you can buy but no moose.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote