Turboslacker has arrived

Turboslacker

Recycles dryer sheets
Felt it's the right time submit my "hi" post. Joined this month after finding this site thru a google search seeking retirement info.
Not setup to retire just yet but definitely have transitioned into pre-retirement by thinking and planning a lot over the past 6 months. I'm 45 yrs old with kids ranging from high school to kindergarten. Enjoying my career at Boeing as an Engineering Manager. Big advocate of work-life balance and truly lead by example for my employees.

Thanks to this site, FIREcalc and other great retirement calculators I have put together a complete financial and investment plan that hopefully will enable me to retire early at 55! I feel so much more at peace and re-centered to a happy place. To have this beacon in place - even though a decade away - makes work much easier to prevent overflowing the BS bucket.

Thank you all for your past posts which helped answer many of my questions and spurred new ideas. Look forward to contributing as well.

Welcome Turboslacker! You sound particularly well balanced. Are you sure you need us? No seriously, I look forward to getting to know you here on E-R.org.

Welcome Turboslacker. Not yet retired. Joined this group at age 47, now 50. I think you are a great age for planning the 10 year countdown. This awesome forum has given me great tips and confidence in fine tuning and sticking to an ER plan. I read this forum almost daily. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome! I am also on the ten year path, and feeling pretty good about it. What an interesting career you have! Love your focus on work-life balance.

Welcome. I didn't find this place until I retired, though it would have made life easier if I had, during some of the dark, last years of w*rk.

Welcome to the forum ! 10 years of prep time is great. There is a lot to learn from this forum. I've been here a year or two and am still just scratching the surface of this vast knowledge base.

Thank you much

Sent from my HTC One using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom