Turned off the alarm clock.....

Germonico

Recycles dryer sheets
figuratively speaking that is.

Retired from MegaCorp 18 months ago at age 58 but went immediately to a part time job which required living full time at a local historic mansion assisting with social events, house keeping and responding to security alarms (which spoke to me frequently). It was one of the most interesting work assignments of my career but after 18 months of being tethered to the facility and the arrival of a new director, the assignment developed a sour taste on the ol' palate. It was such a great feeling to be able to exercise my FI freedom and bid adieu.

So now I'm fully retired but if my first month's schedule is any indication of the future, I may have to go back to work just to take a vacation from my retirement schedule:).
I've been following this board for 2 years in stealth mode and having now introduced myself, plan to pipe in on matters that strike a chord with me.

So now I'm fully retired but if my first month's schedule is any indication of the future, I may have to go back to work just to take a vacation from my retirement schedule:).
Perfect way to start IMO, and welcome aboard.

I retired about 1½ years ago, and on the rare occasion I need to set my alarm clock, I have to stop and think about how to do it...:D

Well, that is one of the more unique transition to retirement stories. Welcome aboard and congrats!

I leave mine face down on the nightstand. Unfortunately, or not, DW's alarm still wakes me up most of the time.

Welcome Germonico!
I threw my alarm clock off the roof when I retired! It smashed into pieces on the driveway! Very liberating!:LOL:

Must admit though, I still set my alarm to keep myself and our puppy on a regular schedule. I can always take a nap if I need one. Now that's one of the really great perks of retirement!

..on the rare occasion I need to set my alarm clock, I have to stop and think about how to do it...:D

I have trouble finding the little tiny button on mine to turn the darned thing off. The snooze bar is much easier to find!

Welcome! I definitely can relate to the "need a vacation from my retirement schedule" - the word "NO" needs to be a bigger part of my vocabulary.

Welcome, Germonico!

My husband will set it, if needed. Otherwise, I still usually wake up by 7 or 7:30 ("sleeping in", compared to my old routine of "up by 5:30").

Still, if we're up late the night before, sometimes I sleep till 10 or 11, just like back in teenage days. This is the life!

Happy snoozing on your own schedule! (Maybe plan some retirement activities around your highest priorities......like making up for years of lost sleep?) :)

These days I only use the alarm clock to get up for golf or breakfast with the boys. I use my BB and the only problem is that I sometimes forget to turn it off after I get up and it goes off the next morning when I don't need to get up. Happened this morning. :mad:

Alarm clock? :confused: I don"t even own a wristwatch anymore.Welcome.

Welcome!!!
I'm not quite ER, but when I do I'll still keep the alarm clock. Need to be there when-
1. AM bike rides are leaving
2. Triathlon transition set-ups open
3. Fish are biting
4. Golf 4-some has AM tee time
Etc, Etc., Etc.
Can't sleep in every AM ;)

Back
Top Bottom