Vanguard very SLOW to fix web site problem

Vinvestor

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello,

A large portion of my total Vanguard portfolio is invested in two different Vanguard Annuity accounts. For the past four weeks Vanguard has still not removed these accounts from "other" and return them to the pie chart slices that once split them into stocks, bonds, and cash. Clicking on "View my asset allocation dollar/percentage breakdown by holding" gives a very incorrect pie chart view of the percentages I have in small cap stocks, large cap stocks, international stocks etc. I am told Vanguard is working to correct the problem. If so why is it taking them so long?

Very Upset Flagship Client

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very disappointed to hear this, Vinvestor. I was hoping that your user name indicates you invest in wine. Anyhoo, welcome to the forum.:greetings10: Tell us more about yourself, are you retired yet, etc.

Hi CuppaJoe,

Your about my 8th cup of joe today! Only I take mine black w/no sugar. I retired from GE in 1992. Turned 74 in January. I used to make all kinds of wine in my younger days. Also a few batches of home brew now & then. I've been trying to get Vanguard to put my Vanguard annuity accounts back on line in the pie chart. I first bought a Scudder Annuity and next a Vanguard one back when Annunities looked like a better bet when George Bush 1 was in White House. I 1035ed the Scudder one a few years back over to Vanguard where I've placed about 90% of my $'s . This is one of the several sites I've voiced my dismay about the pie chart change hoping a embarrased Vanguard would put their programmers on the job to reinstall the same software that did the job before. The V in my new handle stands for Vanguard. If they keep screwing up the site I may become Finvestor or other. It is hard to beat Vanguard's fees and brokerage account advantages. I've transferred several Fidelity and other mutual fund accounts over to Vanguard Brokerage hoping to make things easier on my wife when I kick the bucket. I see you have six stars! That's more than the 5 stars that MorningStar assigns to Vanguard's top funds.

Thanks for the reply,

Vinvestor

Not sure if you are the only (former) winemaker here but there are several who also brew beer and, of course, this is a very pro-Vanguard forum although I’ve found no one attacks me for investing elsewhere. Maybe someone who has a V account can comment on your question. I also like pie charts and have two brokerage accounts, one uses the pie chart display and the other does not.

Vinvestor
Vanguard is simply giving you what you pay for. You have hit on one of the major compromises you make with Vanguard. I have taxable accounts with them and am also a Flagship customer. My experience with them is their administrative capabilities are always a bit limited--nice people who want to do the right thing but limited ability to fix admin issues.
I also have a Fido relationship which holds the majority of our assets. I have consistently found the Fido website, investor tools and account support to be far superior than Vanguard, especially if you want to buy and sell individual issues. Vanguard is great for buy and hold mutual fund positions but if you need more, others do a much better job and for very little extra expense.
Nwsteve

Back
Top Bottom