Join Early Retirement Today

Vince here, questions about retirement plan-time
Old 09-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Vince here, questions about retirement plan-time

Howdy,
Im Vince, Id like to say to the owners/creators that this is an awesome forum!
I have so much to learn.....
I have some questions, heres my story.
Im 35 and have the goal of retiring in 5 years.
The financial part of my plan seems to be in order, I was wondering more about the actual day to day. It seems like that i would get bored after a while. How are you guys planning for what your going to do?
Is there any good books/information on this?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks again!
kjmaeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

There's a book called "How to Retire Happy Wild & Free" by Ernie Zelinski that should help.
Spudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It's a little hard for me to relate to your problem, as I probably dreamed about having more free time (to do all the things I wanted to do) for 10 years or more, before I retired (at age 54 1/2). I knew I would have no problems keeping busy after retirement, and that's the way it has worked out so far (after 5 1/2 years of retirement). Since you have concerns about possible boredom in retirement, my advice would be to take your time and give this a lot of thought before you make any decisions about retirement. Do you have any passions (other than work) that you would like to pursue further? Have you ever felt like your work schedule or work commitments interfered in any way with other things you would like to spend your time doing? If the answer to both questions is no, then I would probably keep working, if I were you. In my case the answer to both questions was an emphatic YES, which is why I retired as soon as I had the opportunity.
RAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Being able to afford to retire doesn't mean you have to quit working, if that is what you'd like to do. Maybe take a more fun, but lower paying job, volunteer or travel. It is not a binary thing - either work at your same job or sit around and watch TV all day.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activities, information, planning, time