Walking the Walk

I retired early in 2000 .......I owned my own computer business for the 35 years prior ......

so you started your own computer business in 1965? You must have been one of the early pioneers. Did you own your own mainframe back then. Must have cost a bomb.

Excellent advice Warren, and welcome to the forum.

so you started your own computer business in 1965? You must have been one of the early pioneers. Did you own your own mainframe back then. Must have cost a bomb.

Actually the company started as a plastic molding company and as I started using computers myself, it ended up being a better focus with less competition and resulted in a change to a computer business.

The cost for a system was considerably higher than now. You could purchase a Zenith Computer with a 2Mhz Z-80 processor and a 10 Mb hard drive that took two men and a boy to carry for only $7,500 at that time.

Welcome to the forum Warren. You will find us nicer once we get to know you. Just don't push it!

(Former TS owner and glad to be out of it for 5 years! Retired 11 years and loving it.)

(My secret is not to share my secret!)

I have had fleeting thoughts of one day looking into buying a timeshare that someone is looking to make the maintenance fees end sell it to someone that will actually use it off of their hands, and know that they can go for big discounts. Who did you end up buying it from? (developer or which website on the secondary)? What kind of a discount did you get?

First, welcome to the original poster. Congrats!!!

Now, to answer the timeshare question. We own two. I didn't pay much for my first one, but I bought my second one on eBay for $1. Yes, many really are selling for $1. On some of the various chat boards for particular brands of timeshares, people give them away, just to get out from underneath the maintenance fees.

Look on eBay for what you want, and then look carefully at the seller's feedback. And, there is a very friendly timeshare chat board, just like this forum, at www.TUG2.net. There are some real pros over there who are more than willing to share their experiences and vast knowledge. Not to mention there's a place to buy & sell, or rent a timeshare.

Take your time and read and learn before you jump. We've been timesharing for over 20 years and have no regrets. The memories I hear our grown children discuss from our many vacations more than make up for any $$$ we spent. I've bought and sold several timeshares and am happy with what we have, for now. But tomorrow is another day. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom