Join Early Retirement Today
Old 03-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #41
What is amazing to me is the perceptions on the house size. We live in one that is ~1,700 sf and when we moved in compared to the old house we felt we were rattling around like a couple of bbs in a box car. But there are only two of us so we're not exactly tripping over each other.

One of the options was an intercom system, which I scoffed at. But DW thought I was ignoring her if she was yelling her head off from the master bedroom and I couldn't hear her in the basement (and my hearing is fine, thank you ladies).

As far as the money goes, there are many who would be ecstatic to be in your position and are happily retired on a lot less.

Pull the plug and do it.

And if you end up looking for something more to do, as I did, you always have the option of working again, but with your KMA* hat firmly in place.

*Kiss My A--

I heard the call to do nothing. So I answered it.
Walt34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:26 AM   #42
Confused about dryer sheets
I like that term. Someone else recently mentioned to me that a nestegg is really KMA money....cheers.

pickninthepines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #43
Dryer sheet wannabe
You are bound to receive encouragement from those who have retired "early" from this forum. I was in your shoes one year ago and looking back, clearly this forum encouraged my decision. It feels good to know you're not the lone ranger but in the end, make up your own mind. Regarding the guilt trip, be prepared for dealing with that for awhile. Where I live it is as though something is wrong...fired, run off etc for the reason you retired. Plus, my father seems disappointed in me, ugh! Now, for the good part, I truly love my life now. I can deal with the guilt because most days I just want to jump for joy. I have many hobbies and still play some handball plus am involved with my kids. As one respondent stated, you have to decide and know what you will do with all the free time. I'm here to tell you it can be great!
Good luck!

sailwc is offline   Reply With Quote