Will my plan work?

I am 40, make over $400k per year and live in a 3 bedroom townhouse and in Honolulu free and clear with over $1million in my portfolio...can just about retire right now, but want my last kid done with school first....that does it for me...helps me sleep at night.
My Brother in New York is 43 makes about $1+ million per year, is building a $2.5 million dollar house , has tons of bills and probably has <$50k in the bank...and will be working to pay his bills off forever. i dont know how he sleeps at night....
~he wonders how I sleep at night living my simple life...
my point is THIS:

WHAT DOES IT FOR YOU IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE NEXT GUY.   
~my words of wisdom is that being simple is a Blessing,
  having the need for 'stuff' is a curse.

My wife just called and told me her nerves are also shot from her job which is very stressful, but she works 10 minutes from home  Its weird, maybe we both need to say F--k you to the world, move to Vegas and live like freakin hippies
jug

Go you are ready. My mom said once she started hearing about people retiring she couldn't take another day. She was supposted to work one more day to get her pension if she used up all her vacations and all other paid and unpaid days off. They let her off that one day early she just couldn't do it anymore. You will never be sorry once you have reached your personal limit.

Back
Top Bottom