10 reasons people are moving to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsurprisingly, the top four items boil down to "money".

Unsurprisingly, the top four items boil down to "money".

Wanting to work and live inexpensively in a nice affordable home that you own with low taxes can be a great motivator.

In one form or another, it has been the human motivation on migration for eons.

It looks like REWahoo's attempts to scare folks away isn't working.

Half of the 10 fastest-growing cities in the US are in Texas, according to new figures.
Thanks ever so much for posting this Alan. I hope to return the favor some day...

I can understand (and have seen) the almost unbelievable growth in Houston, Dallas/Ft Worth and the San Antonio/Austin areas but I was very surprised to see that Midland is the 3rd fastest growing city in the US. :confused:

Last edited:
Funny. I was considering moving to Austin, and this was one of the reasons I decided not to -- the fact that so many other people were.

We're seriously considering Texas as a retirement destination for many of the reasons mentioned in the article. Living now in Madison, WI, a move to Austin would be like just like staying here, but improving the weather and getting a tax break.

And...mmmm...BBQ

We're seriously considering Texas as a retirement destination for many of the reasons mentioned in the article. Living now in Madison, WI, a move to Austin would be like just like staying here, but improving the weather and getting a tax break.

And...mmmm...BBQ

2116YTTD.jpg

Funny. I was considering moving to Austin, and this was one of the reasons I decided not to -- the fact that so many other people were.
That's actually why we left there around 2005. And it and the smaller surrounding cities are much bigger now, and still growing even faster!!!!

And...mmmm...BBQ

Yeah, I could see that... The similarities in towns.

But get back to us about "improved weather" after a full summer. :)

I love the South, but it took a long time to get used to not having those nice refreshing cold fronts in September. You will miss them, I guarantee it. But yeah, it is made up for in January and February.

You will get plenty of summer time in Texas. :cool::cool::cool: Actually, it's been "pretty mild" so far this year in East Texas. I've only seen it hit the low 90s a few times so far. (But it's still May)

Last edited:

After a Memorial Day weekend here that didn't break 55 degrees, I'm thinking I can deal with whatever nature can throw at me.

Regarding the comments about the changes in Austin, we're seeing the same things here in Madison. Less weird, more vanilla. Too many "top ten places to live" lists will kill the vibe every time!

Yeah, I could see that... The similarities in towns.

I love the South, but it took a long time to get used to not having those nice refreshing cold fronts in September. You will miss them, I guarantee it. But yeah, it is made up for in January and February.

We get cold fronts!!! How do you think it gets down to 90:confused:

Lived in San Antonio for 4 years+ and Dallas for 3 years, loved it. If it wasn't for the heat, I'd love to move to Austin, but we like to be outdoors as much as possible (not holing up with AC) and DW wilts even before I do so not likely. I can well understand why Tejas is so popular...my parents and sister both live there.

And...mmmm...BBQ

Assuming you consider that cow-based stuff they have in Texas BBQ......:LOL:

If you want good college football, stay away from Austin, as those tea sippers have gone down the drain. Home prices, property taxes and football are much better in College Station:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom