10 year old Honda Pilot full coverage or liability?

My 10 year old Honda Pilot has now 72,000 miles on it. I work from home, so do not drive much for 4 years. I just checked KBB using condition 'good', and see a trade-in value $6000.

My Geico insurance quoted with $200 savings a year, if I drop full coverage down to liability. DW says that if we keep it for 5 more years, we will pay total extra $1000, for $6000 asset.

So, would you drop full coverage and go liability at this value? Or wait a couple of years since the savings is low value?

Actually won't you have paid $1,000 for an asset that will be worth less than $6,000 by the time you've paid the extra $1,000 for five more years?

That's so weird about the glass replacements rates y'all are having.

I've had to replace exactly 1 windshield in 30 years of driving. I think one or two of my old cars had small cracks, low down and on the passenger side, but they never bothered me and never spread before I got rid of them.

Is this a Northern winter/snow thing?

No, not a northern thing entirely. Since we have moved to Texas (Houston area), we have replaced three vehicle windshields and have had rocks crack/chip several others. Lots of freeways, lots of big trucks, lots of small stones and caliche.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom