Join Early Retirement Today

10-Year Old Releases Demon of 55-Year Old Opera Singer
Old 08-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

10-Year Old Releases Demon of 55-Year Old Opera Singer

To rephrase a Reddit title. An amazing mature voice coming out of a little girl. Thought it was a terrible lip-synch, but she has other Youtube videos. Starts singing about 1:10 in.

calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Amazing
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

She is just amazing and it's hard to believe that voice comes from the little girl.
powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

I can't believe her. Another wonderful thing about her performance is that she seems to understand emotionally what she is singing.

I hope her teachers continue to take good care of her voice.

Ha
Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Amazing! Love her
Old 08-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

If she can keep her voice through about her 15th birthday she will be a star. I recall a girl when I went to camp at about the age of 9 with a similar quality and range, I think she was 12 . She said it all depended on how her voice matured.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Astounding! When she talks, it's the voice of a normal 10-year old girl.

What I have observed many times is that singers often have a different singing voice than when they talk. In fact, some can sing in a different language that they do not speak nor understand, simply by mimicking. Or they can fake a different regional accent than their natural one. It's a inborn natural ability that training will improve but cannot create.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
It's a inborn natural ability that training will improve but cannot create.
Certainly it is unlikely that this little girl speaks Italian!

As to training cannot create this ability, likely not with absolutely no ear or musical ability or rhythm, but otherwise this isn't quite true.

My ex-wife, who is a voice coach and chorus director, has taught many different students to sing in French, Italian, German, and Russian. She herself is fluent only in French and Italian and German. When she wants to teach a Russian song, she gets a lesson or two from a Russian on the specific song she wishes to teach. Likely anyone with a good musical ear and music training can be taught songs in a very good singing accent in most any language by a skillful teacher. In a way, it is easier to sing a song in a foreign language than to speak that language. It's like poetry, it has a rightness about it and the rhythm and emotional depth of it aids you. Also it is memorized, you don't have to generate the words and sentences, you just sing what you have been taught.

As I try to resurrect my Spanish speaking ability, the easiest part is singing the folk songs and popular songs that I learned many years ago in SA. YouTube is a huge aid here also. The hard part (for me) is remembering old vocabulary, and learning new or totally forgotten words, and regaining facility in constructing grammatical sentences.

Ha
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
What I have observed many times is that singers often have a different singing voice than when they talk....

Birdie Num Nums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

I like the little clips I saw where one of the judges has the little girl sing a note into the mike the MC is holding....to prove no lip-synching.............she passed that test with an A+.....

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote