10 year service award on E-R . Org

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This July marks 10 years of me, and several others posting here. At megacorp , Megacity and a couple of organizations I have belonged to , I always got a 10 year service pin, usually die-cast ,painted , about the size of a penny ,with a couple of them priceless industrial diamonds glued on.

I'm looking to see something in the mail from ER . Org. I know this place is loaded with $$$$$. I was told the moderators get Big Money $$$$ :LOL:

What money:confused: You know something I don't:confused::confused:

Congrats on surviving this place for a decade. The pin is probably in the mail.

Attachments

• Boeing_B-17G_2_BG_dropping_bombs.jpg
    Boeing_B-17G_2_BG_dropping_bombs.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 21
Happy 10th to all of yuns, as we say in Western PA. Your wisdom has made a lot possible. (Really!)

This July marks 10 years of me, and several others posting here. At megacorp , Megacity and a couple of organizations I have belonged to , I always got a 10 year service pin, usually die-cast ,painted , about the size of a penny ,with a couple of them priceless industrial diamonds glued on.

I'm looking to see something in the mail from ER . Org. I know this place is loaded with $$$$$. I was told the moderators get Big Money $$$$ :LOL:

Okay, I know you're joking, but you may be on to something. 10 years is quite an accomplishment to stick with anything in this day and age. I'm sure Andy R (owner of the E-R.org forum) could come up with something.... but hey, you already have 5 stars below your user name on the your avatar! What else do you want!?

I'm not sure how the "star" thing works. I'm sure I've read the details/rules somewhere but have forgotten. Number of posts? Number of years?

Maybe the join date could be highlighted in a special color. :cool:

One of the megacorp's I worked for used color on their ID badge to denote 5-year service increments. Red was less than 5 years, 5-9 was light blue, 10-14 was yellow, 15-19 was green, 20-24 was silver, 25 and higher was gold - or something like that.

On the serious side, a few of those 10 were the most difficult in my life. The online community here helped me avoid losing my mind, or at least a substantial part of it.

You made me look to see how long since my join date. I have been on 10 years this past January. I have never been on any other site for near that long. There are such good people on here who do share so much about finances, travel, health, family and life in general. I usually chuckle or laugh about something on here every day and that is good for my health! I love my virtual friends! Thanks everyone for making this site such a good one.

Hmmm, I have a box of dryer sheets in the cupboard and they have been there longer than I have been retired and on this forum. Maybe I could donate them to the award committee. Naw I guess they smell kind of funny as they haven't been used.

What money:confused: You know something I don't:confused::confused:

You don't know about the ER.org pension fund? Eight years on the forum, including 2.5 as a moderator, and I should get my first pension check soon. I've heard it will get paid in drachmas though. :D

I have been reading the forum since 2005, but did not join until 2007. This is the only online forum that has managed to keep my attention for so long. And it is hard to believe that this place has managed to survive all this time, without loss of quality, when many forums eventually fall pray to the trolls.

The star system is based on the number of posts. You need 5,000+ posts to get the highest number of stars available (7), IIRC.

Bad day ? first to find out being screwed out of pay and perks, then being excluded from important functions ;)

You are right - you've been shorted important awards and recognition but we have an excellent reason. The award committee currently lacks a Chair. I know that if the committee were firing on all cylinders you would have received your silver drysheet award in the mail by this time but they are rudderless and have evidently been napping.

Still there is much to celebrate and I'm hopeful that in another ten years you will receive your gold dryer sheet. Hopefully we will have a committee Chair by that point. Would you be interested? :cool:

How much big $$$$ should one expect for 79.6 posts a year? :D

May be a war memorial would be nice for those that have survived this site for >10 yrs

I'm wondering if we can buy a few years, to bridge our service to ten years.. Maybe with the New Drachmas, or bitcoins

Back
Top Bottom