Join Early Retirement Today
Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Thanks for the interesting reviews of Ubantu. All I can say is that you are a lot more patient than I with this stuff.

Start by admitting
from cradle to tomb
it isn't that long a stay.
IndependentlyPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
You don't have to be patient to install Ubuntu on most systems. In fact, In less than 45 min you can be up and running with a word processor, spread sheet, browser, and all the other goodies you expect. I have installed Ubuntu, and several other Linux distributions on three different PC's. Ubuntu was clearly the easiest to install. You put the disk in, it will run from the disk, it finds your wifi, if applicable, and lets you test it before you actually install it on the PC. If you decide to install it you answer about four questions. English, Name computer, password, time zone. Then in about 20 min later of so it is installed. It will carve out a place on you hard drive, or you can specify where. (a little more difficult) When the computer is rebooted, you select ubuntu or windows.

If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote