$130,000 in Medical Bills..so far!!!

Jeniffer said:
Whew...thought you said "CFB's" for a second there...

Those chlorofluorobiphenols are no laughing matter.

OldAgePensioner said:
Martha,
I worked with a strict vegetarian and he got so fanatical that he tried to convert everyone.  After about 6 years of no meat, his teeth started to fall out, he had skin that literally would fall off in stamp sized pieces.  Funny thing is that he considered these problems to have been caused by years of meat eating.

Ahh, moderation in all things but sex.

I blame my cancer on too little sex.  I have a long range plan to remedy that so my cancer is most likely cured.  :D

That's the answer for sure. Eat fewer soybeans, more p*ssy.

Ha

I had a bout with cancer 8 years ago. Take it from me, you never want to be without good health insurance coverage. I paid less than $200 for all four surgeries, radiation, chemo, etc. I never took sick days from work, don't smoke, mostly vegetarian, etc. No history of cancer in our family --- back to good health but will never go without good health insurance. :)

Yeah you rite!

Smoked, drank, ate boatlaods of fried seafood and partied thru the night till dawn many a time in our thirty years in New Orleans.

I certainly DO NOT RECOMMEND my lifestyle/lack of insurance to anyone else.

Now that I'm up North - eating a lower fat diet and exercising a tad more - I'll probably get sick in the fresh air.

I DID buy a 5k deductible BC/BS plan this year.

heh heh heh - I fully expect to croak before 90 - on or before 84.6 to be precise.

Jennifer better get some insurance also --right:confused:?

The newborn Zipper grandchild (#3), born JA 8 picked up a respiratory illness and had to spend a week in the hospital. Private room, mom and dad spelled each other off. He's fine now and happily back home with his brother (2) and sister (5).

Cost for a week at the London Health Sciences Centre children's hospital.

$50 parking fee.

Does England have universal health coverage?
I think it is high time the US did. that is not to say that everybody gets everything free. but that if you need a procedure, you get it and the reimbursement should be a fixed. set amount. But then you have to pay it back even if it takes the rest of your life. No bankrupcy allowed.
And keep the lawyers out of the equation for malpractice. I would think a group of 5 doctors would now whether the 6th was competent in a given procedure or not.
We ourselves are way ahead of BS/BC on the insurance front. Many thousands. but how can this situation continue to exist?
We need more health care professionals. They should get some kind of way serious tax break but should have to treat 40% pro bono... or something like that. Easy enough. If I could have some klind of subsidized lifestyle while in training, I'd like to be an RN but we have not learned yet to take care of ourselves before the rest of the world. Or maybe a pharmacist.
In the early 60s when the government felt they needed engineers, the rigged all kinds of programs to accomplish that. And they did. Now for us greedy geezers needing medical care they need pros. The govt could do that for the senior crowd.

We need to keep the lawyers out of malpractice.
Binding arbitration based on the unbiased opinions of other competent medical professionals.

Gpax7,
I lived in England for 8 years and I would have come home to the US on the first plane if I had a serious health issue.

Free can't be beat but neither can quality.

OldAgePensioner said:
I blame my cancer on too little sex. I have a long range plan to remedy that so my cancer is most likely cured. :D

If that's true, then I must be riddled with the multiplying suckers. D--n those doctors, they keep telling me i'm as healthy as a horse. ;)

You folks better line up to take transfusions from me then.

Yes, there are at least 3 easy jokes in there somewhere.

One $2,400 charge was for a cardiologist who spent 10 minutes with me. 5 of those was her asking me how long it would take a spacecraft to reach Mars.

You should have said "Probably a lot longer than it takes you to pay for your condo in Aspen."

Back
Top Bottom