Join Early Retirement Today

180 degrees in a "Rush"
Old 03-31-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

180 degrees in a "Rush"

Okay folks. I wish to announce that I have come full
circle on Rush Limbaugh. I used to a huge fan, but now I rank him with Bob Brinker and Michael Jackson. Can't
even stand to listen any more. The final straw was his take
on Terri Shiavo. He was losin' me before but that was
the capper. So, all of you libs who think he's a big fat
idiot.............you were right. I am properly contrite.

JG
MRGALT2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: 180 degrees in a "Rush"
Old 03-31-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Early-Retirement.org Founder
Developer of FIRECalc

JG -- the newest Al Franken fan...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
dory36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

I listen to Rush, Hannity, and Mike Gallagher. I like Rush the best, he's the most entertaining. Hannity gets annoying sometimes as he occasionally comes across like many of the libs: harsh, angry, and shrill.
Berkshire_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:42 AM   #4

Didn't you just get tired of Rush and this Schivao business?? Talk about a Republican Hack! I think this will hurt his ratings. But, he's survived before....

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Yea I agree, Rush went way overboard with the Schaivo case. However when something other than Iraq is in the headlines, that's always a good thing. No news is good news in Iraq and it looks like that's how things have been going and are hopefully headed.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:42 AM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

>>No news is good news in Iraq and it looks like that's how things have been going and are hopefully headed.

You mean besides the whole "oops turns out we didn't have any reason to start the war in the first place" headlines like this one:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...5184_2005mar31

Funny how republicans got all worked up about the life and death of one brain-dead women in florida but seem not all all concerned about the few thousand american troops and then ten's of thousands of Iraqi civilians killed in a war over non-existant weapons of mass destruction...guess that whole "Culture of Life" thing is kind of comes and goes.

farmerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:55 AM   #7

JG,

Rush is a quintessential Republican. * Eventually you'll connect the dots and realize just how silly and narrow-minded that party can be and is. The Schiavo case is but one of hundreds of examples.

Logic/Fairness/Equality/Civil rights will put you on the democratic side 90% of the time.
azanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:06 AM   #8
Dryer sheet aficionado

MRGULT2U

I am a conservative Republican....I agree with you 100%

Sailaway
sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

>>>You mean besides the whole "oops turns out we didn't have any reason to start the war in the first place" headlines like this one<<<

I guess I didn't know that the intelligence agencies had a political affiliation. Had we not gone into Iraq, who would have been held responsible when we were attacked again? Would it have been the intelligence agencies? Or would it have been the president? Democracy is spreading in the Middle East and it's because of the due diligence of this president to address evil and wrongdoing, not run from it. The last avoidance strategy of launching a few dozen cruise missiles into the desert after the embassy bombings really sent a strong message to the terrorists didn't it? They must have been scared for about a year until the USS Cole was attacked. Then another year passes and then they strike us on 9-11 for a loss of about 3100 civilians, so I'd say with relative certainty that the old strategy wasn't working, and won't work in the future. What we are doing now is working, like it or not.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #10

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Yes.... and spreading the armed forces as thin as butter on toast is due diligence? Recruitment numbers are way down, reenlistment is way down. If anything should happen in the next several years, you know what will happen- the draft. When your number is called, and you find yourself 1/2 way around the world, I wonder if you will be as supportive of current policies. Some of my friends from high school are in Iraq, and every now and then I see an email.... despite what you may see on TV, they still write about rockets being fired at them, things exploding.... it's not a plesent experience. For those of you who have served, and may be serving now, my hat is off to you. In my mind, there is a difference between 'supporting the troops', and supporting the policies which placed them there.

If anything is spreading in the middle east, it's unrest and anti-American sentiment. I really hope the Iraqis can pull it together and get their country moving again. I also hope Iran ceases their nuclear plans, and that Israel will not feel the need to initiate a first strike against their nuclear facilities in order to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear power (they have done this before in 1981 against Iraq).... Iran would retaliate, and the US would be compelled to intervene on behalf of Israel.
Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #11

Quote:
>>>You mean besides the whole "oops turns out we didn't have any reason to start the war in the first place" headlines like this one<<<

Had we not gone into Iraq, who would have been held responsible when we were attacked again? *
Wouldn't we have had to been attacked by IRAQ the *first* time, in order to be attacked again? Don't tell me, you are still one of those people that beleives Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 9/11? That "theory" has been totally debunked many times...it just aint so.

farmerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:11 AM   #12
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I thought he was a windbag before his appearance on ESPN. I didnt need the faux pas comment he made to get really tired of him, really quick...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Rush's popularity is indicative of just how messed up our politics has become. We no longer debate the merits of positions, we root for our "team". It doesn't matter if our team captain is a drug addict (oxycontin) is a relationship train wreck (what, 4 marraiges now?) panders to racists, totally hypocritical(you said all druggies should go to jail, why aren't you there, Rushy?), etc. He may be an SOB, but he's our SOB!!!

And before you say it, I'll say it. Yes, someone's personal problems should not take away from the merits of a good argument he/she expounds. But he has spent so much time stating that character DOES matter, yet he won't weigh himself with those same scales (probably break'em anyway).
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
e Re: 180 degrees in a "Rush"
Old 04-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

e Re: 180 degrees in a "Rush"

My cure for a truly annoying broadcaster is not to patronize their advertiser, suggest to like minded friends to do likewise and share my decision with the advertiser. When I shared this approach with another talking head he was appalled. Kick them where it hurts, the pocket book!
Old 04-01-2005, 01:55 PM   #15

Berkshire, from an outsider looking in.

You don't really believe that horsesh*t you're spouting do you.

We used to talk about brainwashing in the late 50's and early 60's.

You've taken the bobber all the way to the bottom.

Give your head a shake!
Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #16

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Quote:
Berkshire, from an outsider looking in.

You don't really believe that horsesh*t you're spouting do you.

We used to talk about brainwashing in the late 50's and early 60's.

You've taken the bobber all the way to the bottom.

Give your head a shake!
But the kool-aid tastes soooo good!
Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Hey if Fox news says so, it must be true...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote