$2000 Leather recliner coming apart at the seams

kbst

Recycles dryer sheets
I need some advice as to who to call or how to do it myself. We have a very nice recliner that is coming apart at the seam between the place that you put your feet and the leather that comes down from the chair :confused:. The part that's on the place that you put your feet is stapled on so you could remove it, but the part that is the seat of the chair can't be removed. Other than this problem it's in good shape. Thanks for any help or advice.

kbst

my advice would be to not have spent $2k on a chair

I don't mean to be rude, but what the **** made you spend two freaking thousand dollars on a couch?!

Now that I have gotten that out of my syustem, I would ask around for a furniture upholsterer or someone who restores antique furniture. Especially the latter would have the skills necessary to fix the chair.

Quality leather furniture costs a few bucks. None of it is perfect however. We just bought a Leather wingback chair and leather couch for $6500. - Fairly typical - It will probably outlast us.

With that said, I'd contact the store where you bought it from and if that does not help, I'd go with the Manufacturer.

Thanks for the help. We actually bought it about 8 years ago at Furnature Land South at 40% off retail and it's a great recliner except for that one seam coming apart. I thought there might be some sort of handheld moble sewing machine available.

kbst

You may want to check in your local services directory (e.g. "yellow pages") if you have a luggage repair shop in town. I found that they are able to fix "in home" leather (if they have the portable equipment).

- Ron

Back
Top Bottom