Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
True, but the sad thing is that something like this would make most of us mortal folks unemployable for life.
Sometimes I wish that was true. Felonies don't even disqualify people for child custody, much less employment. I suspect you couldn't get a job as a cop, but I know for a fact you can work in the federal gov't. A felon can be elected to Congress. There are felons in the medical profession. I could go on. My point being he's served his time, he should be allowed to play (if anyone wants him). Otherwise the whole concept of jail/rehabilitation falls apart.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
AH! looking good Steelers beating up on the Bills.

Prediction

Steelers and "Pats"ys AFC championship.

Giants and Eagles NFC championship.

Steelers and Eagles for the Superbowl.

Steelers win
You better hope the steelers don't play the PATS in the AFC championship. if my memory serves me good your steelers lost the last two AFC titles they played.

BTW check the Vegas odds. The PATS are the pick to win it all.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
You better hope the steelers don't play the PATS in the AFC championship. if my memory serves me good your steelers lost the last two AFC titles they played.

Yeah yeah i know.. But as defending superbowl champs. Im allowed a bit of smack talk

As for Vick. Guy paid his price. Needs to earn a living.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
As for Vick. Guy paid his price. Needs to earn a living.
If the NFL doesn't work out he could start the Bad Newz Dogwalking Service.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #25

Ummmm...Go Browns!!?!

ohhh maann....i cant even keep a straight face.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post

Pats sure aren't starting out well for a team that is favored to "win it all". How are they going to do that without a good defense?

Lots of surprises on the first weekend out.

Free to canoe
Old 09-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free To Canoe View Post
Pats sure aren't starting out well for a team that is favored to "win it all". How are they going to do that without a good defense?

Lots of surprises on the first weekend out.

Free to canoe
Buffalo gave them that one. However a win is a win. Raiders looked like they have a great running game. Should be an interesting season at any rate.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Buffalo gave them that one.
Some teams know how to win games they should lose (the Patriots are first and foremost there these days). Some teams find new ways to lose each week (check out the Bengals loss to Denver).

And the funny thing is -- it seems like the "good" fortune and the "bad" fortune seem to cluster on the same teams....
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #29

Been interesting after the 5 games. Colts look really good. I think the Bungles and the Broncos are paper tigers. Steelers get their shot at the Broncos and the Bungles again this year. Should be a really interesting season. Frankly Im not impressed with the Steelers either At least they got the Browns.. this week.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #30

Turns out that the Pats defense doesn't have name recognition but performs well.

I guess the Bungles have managed to keep their defense out of jail this year (so far). No cake walk in the AFC north this year. Hard to see how the Browns will be able to make a game of it. With Anderson at QB they will find a way.

Worried about the Steelers lack of Defense. And now Aaron Smith is out for the season!

They will still win the division. Won the superbowl in Detroit without winning the division.

Free to canoe
Old 10-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #31
Administrator

I'll let UncleMick do my share of cheering for the Saints, as well as his own share. I don't watch pro football at all and never have. I am probably the only New Orleanian who doesn't follow the Saints. No, really.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
I'll let UncleMick do my share of cheering for the Saints, as well as his own share. I don't watch pro football at all and never have. I am probably the only New Orleanian who doesn't follow the Saints. No, really.

Id go for a Steelers/Saints Super Bowl One of these days they will be in it.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #33
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
New Orleans has a football team? When did that happen?

Actually, I was a fan of the Saints in the early 70's when Tom Dempsey was their field goal kicker. I remember him kicking his record-setting 63 yard field goal in 1970 (since tied by Jason Elam of the Bronco's in 1998).
Old 10-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Saints are having a good year (again).

You can take the paper bags off of your heads now.

Free to canoe
Old 02-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #35

So my Steelers did not make it. Booh hooo!

But the Saints and the Colts did!

Im rooting for the Saints! Hope its a great game and its good for the city.

Oh and them paper bags can certainly go away
Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #36
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
OK, I have to say I was the LAST New Orleanian to follow the Saints but I have capitulated. This game is incredible and we are all so proud of our Saints. If they win, it will blow the top off this place! We are already in the middle of Carnival (Mardi Gras) parades and it is starting to become hard to get around town, dodging the parades, as always. Also there is a big parade honoring the Saints scheduled for Tuesday, win or lose.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
OK, I have to say I was the LAST New Orleanian to follow the Saints but I have capitulated. This game is incredible and we are all so proud of our Saints. If they win, it will blow the top off this place! We are already in the middle of Carnival (Mardi Gras) parades and it is starting to become hard to get around town, dodging the parades, as always. Also there is a big parade honoring the Saints scheduled for Tuesday, win or lose.
I bet that is a lot of fun! WHO DAT! Let the NFL charge me for that..
Old 02-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #38
Give me a forum ...

I am going to a Superbowl Party, after not following the NFL this year. I sort of like Payton Manning, but what the heck Uncle Mick and W2R are Saints fans, and they haven't been there before. So go Saints.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #39
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I bet that is a lot of fun! WHO DAT! Let the NFL charge me for that..
Looks like the NFL has backed down on their claim to own the phrase "Who Dat!", the colors black and gold, and the Fleur-de-Lis symbol, plus a few other symbols that have existed for centuries before American football was invented.

NFL retreats in Saints' 'Who dat' trademark dispute - USATODAY.com
Old 02-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #40

No Steelers this year.
Should be a good game. I usually root for the AFC but I seem to be favoring the Saints.
I asked my buddy who is going to win. He said: "The Saints are lucky because they are saints, but Indy's symbol is the horseshoe, if held open side up, catches the luck and is lucky also".

Enjoy,
Free to canoe