2013 NFC AFC Playoffs

DFW_M5 said:
You forgot to mention how badly it stinks. I'm tired of hearing about his performance numbers and the excuses. I also don't like his constantly pointing blame at others. This clown should not have a "C" on his jersey.

Anyway, since Cowboys are out, I'll pull for the Skins because of RG III.

The difference between you and me though is I have $500 reasons to be madder at Romo than you, as I had that on their 8.5 season win over total.

I think it will be a great playoff. I'm a Patriots fan and think the AFC Championship will be Broncos v Patriots. While the Pats beat the Broncos bad in the regular season, the Broncos are a totally different team from the team that the Patriots beat and the game will be in Denver so it should be a great game that could go either way. It will all depend on whether the Patriots defense, which has been suspect all season, shows up that day or not.

From what I have seen the Seahawks are the team to be in the NFC, but if RG3 is regains his early season running form then the Redskins could make things interesting.

Douh! Of all four opponents now in the play-offs, that they met during the regular season, the Seahawks defeated them all: SF, MIN, NE and GB. And the Hawks are performing at or very near their peak. The defense is still top-notch. Marshawn Lynch was third in rushing this season only to the crazy-good Adrian Peterson of MIN.

Further, Wilson equaled Peyton Manning's rookie QB season record of TDs thrown, could have surpassed that record yesterday when the call was for a pass into the end zone, but he chose to run it in when a lane opened instead. And Wilson has four rushing TDs, when Peyton had none in his rookie season. And Peyton didn't go to the playoffs in his rookie season. Just saying that Wilson has just been getting better and better, and has had an exceptional rookie QB season so far, which, I hope, portends well for the playoffs.

Go Hawks!

Seattle beat GB? Really? Come on , Man!

Won't pick a "winner", but I'll give odds to the teams with QBs who have been there: Manning, Brady, and Rodgers.

I'd really like to see the Texans win but I'd be very surprised to see them make it to the Superbowl (much less win it) with the way they have been playing the last 4 or 5 games.:(. Who knows, maybe they will turn it around. So with that said, I'll go with Denver/Manning.

Yea... I was hoping that the Texans were going to go all the way this year... but as the OP said, some teams peaked way early...

BTW, Denver is not the same team that the Texans and NE beat early in the year... I see them as the best right now...

That is the consensus opinion today in Houston, with universal moaning and groaning about how they let a bye and home field advantage slip through their hands two weeks in a row. Listening to the sports talk shows today you would think somebody had died.

I'm not quite so gloomy on their prospects. The Texans have a 12-4 record - their best ever - and beat some playoff teams. I think they can beat Cincinnati. But moving on from there to beating Brady and Manning on their home fields in successive weeks is too much to hope for.

It's pretty clear that the "Houston, Cleveland, Detroit and Jacksonville have never made the Super Bowl" record is safe for another year. :mad:

I saw the brackets and noticed that the Texans played every team in the AFC playoffs except for Cincy...

Seattle beat GB? Really? Come on , Man!
They just sacked the Packers' QB too many times and had more points at the end of the game, so, yeah, they beat the Packers. If you wanna pull out that tired old argument about bad ref calls, then the Hawks could have had another couple of wins this season but for some questionable calls. But that's football.

Booked my trip months ago to Vegas to specifically bet on wild card weekend games. The spreads being what they are on many toss up looking games, I might spend more money on beer than betting. Although the beer may inspire me to dig into my wallet and take Ravens covering at home.

They just sacked the Packers' QB too many times and had more points at the end of the game, so, yeah, they beat the Packers. If you wanna pull out that tired old argument about bad ref calls, then the Hawks could have had another couple of wins this season but for some questionable calls. But that's football.

Questionable calls happen all the time and I'm sure it works out about even in the end. Most don't change the outcome of a game all that much, but this one was one of the worst calls ever and could not have more directly affected the outcome of the game unless the ref went up to the scorekeeper, held a gun to his head and told him to change the score.

I'm not knocking Seattle. They have a great young team which I really like, but even Marshawn Lynch himself said he felt terrible about winning the game after watching the replay.

Questionable calls happen all the time and I'm sure it works out about even in the end. Most don't change the outcome of a game all that much, but this one was one of the worst calls ever and could not have more directly affected the outcome of the game unless the ref went up to the scorekeeper, held a gun to his head and told him to change the score.

I'm not knocking Seattle. They have a great young team which I really like, but even Marshawn Lynch himself said he felt terrible about winning the game after watching the replay.

Understood, my fellow ER.org Forum pal. (I'm reminded of that Seahawks-Steelers Super Bowl game. :cool:)

What's gonna happen this Wildcard Weekend? I can't predict. :confused:

Last edited:
Down to 8 teams :

Houston @ PATS prediction PATS
Baltimore @ Denver prediction Denver

Seattle @ Atlanta prediction Seattle
Green Bay @ SF prediction Green Bay

Go Hawks!
It looked a bit dismal when the 1st quarter ended, with the Redskins 14-0. The top-rated Seattle defense appeared out-coached, while its one offensive drive that 1st quarter was quashed. But from the 2nd quarter on, the Seahawks proved why they deserve to be in the playoffs.

Yeah, Go Hawks!

BTW: With QBs Luck and RG3 (and Redskins' rookie RB Alfred Morris) losing in the playoffs, should not Seattle QB Wilson be the NFL's "Rookie of the Year"?

Last edited:

Have to agree with you. Not a Packers or Seattle fan (Pat fan)....but I am pretty sure my Facebook post after that game was something to the effect of "If I was a Packers fan, I would be clawing my eyes out right now".

That one will go down as one of the all-time worst calls in NFL history. Right up there with the "tuck" rule call ;)

Down to 8 teams :

Houston @ PATS prediction PATS
Baltimore @ Denver prediction Denver

Seattle @ Atlanta prediction Seattle
Green Bay @ SF prediction Green Bay

I agree with all four picks. I think SF made a big mistake going with Koepernick. Atlanta had the easiest schedule in the NFL and one of the easiest of all time.

I agree with all your predictions except GB over SF. We'll know a week from now.

I am pulling for SF to win to set up a possible rematch with the PATS in the superbowl but I just have to give the edge to the Packers because of Aaron Rodgers.

I think SF matches up pretty well against GB. SF has a really good pass rush so Rodgers might not be able to pick apart the defense like against Minn. Plus, Frank Gore is no pushover as a RB. That said, when Rodgers and the offense is clicking is tough to beat.

Out here in Vegas and have been pounding the NFL chalk this weekend. Just need the back end of my money line parlay with Alabama tomorrow to win, and I will have had a very successful weekend in Vegas!

It was painful watching RGIII go down, and now there is a good possibility he will miss the entire next season. I really do not understand why they risked their franchise keeping him out there, even despite his own protests to stay in the game.

It was painful watching RGIII go down, and now there is a good possibility he will miss the entire next season. I really do not understand why they risked their franchise keeping him out there, even despite his own protests to stay in the game.

+1

Players should not be allowed to make a decision regarding their injuries. That's the job of the medical staff.

Redskins should have played Cousins to start the second half as once when RGIII re-injured the knee, he was ineffective. That's why teams have backup QBs.

But RGIII seems old school ... like Johnny U or Bart Starr who always played hurt.

easysurfer said:
Redskins should have played Cousins to start the second half as once when RGIII re-injured the knee, he was ineffective. That's why teams have backup QBs.

But RGIII seems old school ... like Johnny U or Bart Starr who always played hurt.

Though I wish no injury to anyone, I am glad he stayed out there or I wouldn't have won my $2k bet. Giving 3 pts and down 14-0, I was in a world of hurt before he aggravated the knee again.

Back
Top Bottom