2019 Air Show

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Each year, our local airport hosts a WWII air show. Posting mainly for Souschef, as he is our local ER pilot for B25's and other planes, including the Russian M.I.G. 15. Some people would rather fly than eat! :dance:

The airport is less than 2 miles from my house, and for Friday, Saturday and Sunday... it's a circus as fighters and bombers fly directly over our house, singly, and in formation.

https://www.mywebtimes.com/2019/05/12/air-show-veteran-salute-returns-to-peru/aslnxaz/

https://tbmreunion.org/photos

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Great pics. Nice to see all those people out for the show.

Have been in London for two weeks and lucky enough to get to the RAF museum - 2018 was the RAF's 100th Anniversary so museum had a makeover. Also Imperial War Museum in London and Duxford (missed the air show by a week!). Was at the USAF Museum in at Wright-Patterson in Ohio two summers ago. All great places to visit. We are lucky enough to live near the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum which is a flying museum and frequently have a Lancaster, Mitchell, Catalina and several others fly overhead. Nothing quite like the sound of those four Merlins overhead. I used to play in the same plane as a kid as it was up on piers not far from where I lived before it was taken down for restoration to flying condition.

I earned my private pilot license with instrument rating many years ago. Though I’m no longer actively flying, I still look up any time I hear an airplane overhead. If I lived where you do, I’d be sitting in a lounge chair with a pair of binoculars.

I earned my private pilot license with instrument rating many years ago. Though I’m no longer actively flying, I still look up any time I hear an airplane overhead. If I lived where you do, I’d be sitting in a lounge chair with a pair of binoculars.
I live a half mile from the Santa Paula Airport, and my porch looks out at the downwind leg. They are so close I do not need binoculars:D
In recent years I managed to be flying a P-51 and an SNJ making a low pass over the airport and my home:dance:

Attachments

• IMG_6195.jpg
    IMG_6195.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
We have one every year but a few years ago a plane crashed into the audience. Haven’t wanted to go since.

Back
Top Bottom