Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

32,000,000 China Problems?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
32,000,000 China Problems?

With 32 million horny Chinese boys roaming that countryside, I'd be more than a little worried for the next 70 years or so if I were residing in China. But, that's just me.

Quote:
For the next 20 years, China will have increasingly more men than women of reproductive age, according to the paper, which was published online by the British Medical Journal. “Nothing can be done now to prevent this,” the researchers said.

Chinese government planners have long known that the urge of couples to have sons was skewing the gender balance of the population. But the study, by two Chinese university professors and a London researcher, provides some of the first hard data on the extent of the disparity and the factors contributing to it.
...yet they did nothing.

Quote:
Among children born second, there were 143 boys for 100 girls, the data showed.
Those 43 extra boys will no doubt cause havoc with the other 200 happily married folks in these stats.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Seems like a good time to be having girls right about now. 18.75 years from now, you can allow your daughter to become a kept woman, and (hopefully) become kept parents-in-law. Even in nominally communist China, the laws of supply and demand will work themselves out...

I'll pass this good news on to my daughters. Maybe in 14-16 years they can snag themselves a nice handsome and rich post-doc husband. And just when I was worried that females had become equal to males hence negating any chance for my daughters to get preferential scholarships in 14-16 years... Timely.
FUEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Alternatively, the 'State' could provide economic incentives, special jobs, etc., for those willing to practice homo-sex (not necessarily be homosexual, just practice the 'art,' since it doesn't lead to reproduction).

This concept was fairly well covered in a SF novel series by Joe Haldeman, called The Forever War, as of about a decade ago.
ScooterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Administrator

I don't know. 32 million feral young men, untamed by any woman? Sounds like a recipe for war or revolution to me.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I don't know. 32 million feral young men, untamed by any woman? Sounds like a recipe for war or revolution to me.
True that! All of that energy has to expended somehow.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bow-tie View Post
True that! All of that energy has to expended somehow.
They will be getting their PhD's at US universities so they can better woo da ladies back home and a broad.
FUEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
gone traveling

bbam1 is late to this thread...
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote