50 Worst Beers In The World

Good idea, problems with execution.

But why would I want to know the 50 worst beers in the world?

The Canadian list of best beers (another list there) is virtually all French or Belgian. I suspect a few guys in Quebec are stuffing the ballot box.

Ditto on the Oregon/Washington list of best. It looks like somebody in Ashland is doing the same.

Pilsner Urquell made the best in CZ list. Nice to know.

I have been away from Denmark too long. Did not recognize any names at all. Faxe isn't on the list at all. Is it gone?

I'm no beer snob but I've sampled a few lesser brands in my time, and my experience calls this list into question.

It doesn't include Billy Beer, but maybe it only rates current production

It doesn't include any of the Iron City products and only one Schlitz product. True, anything that's only $8.99/case can't be all bad, but they're certainly worthy of this list!

Best beers I ever drank where in Belgium, and Netherlands. You don't even find those here or they would be hard to find.

Quite true. I've never seen either belgium or the netherlands anywhere around here.

Oddly, even on the 'best beers' list for my area, i'd never heard or seen most of them. Even the ones brewed in my area werent recognizable except for a couple.

Hey......maybe the best beers cause you to forget them after drinking?

what?
Oh yeah well...
I just remembered I need to post something about how good those Belgium beers are. .. :D

Best beers I ever drank where in Belgium, and Netherlands. You don't even find those here or they would be hard to find.

:LOL:

Warning: Long-winded bad beer story follows…

Ed, an old retired military buddy of mine, notoriously cheap frugal, was a borderline alcoholic frequent consumer of Keystone Light (yeah, just like making love in a canoe :D). He swore it was really Coors (they do produce it…notice I didn’t say they brewed it), just packaged differently so they could sell it at a lower price. Whenever we got together at his place, that’s what was in his fridge and what we drank unless I brought something better, which I learned to always do.

I gave Ed a hard time about his beverage of choice, and often reminded him of how Coors Brewing Company produces Keystone products: Keystone is brewed by parking a tanker truck loaded with water in the brewery parking lot overnight. Keystone Light is brewed by just driving a truckload of water through the brewery parking lot. ;)

Whenever he came over to our place I made sure I had some Keystone Light in the fridge just to razz him. Either he really liked the stuff or his pride wouldn’t allow him to be seen drinking the real beer I would offer him, because he always drank the Keystone.

In the record heat of the summer of 1998, we were building our retirement home. I visited the building site almost every day after work, and about once a week would take a long lunch hour to drive out and meet with the builder and the subs. I hit it off pretty well with the framing subcontractor, who I found out had a math degree. He had started his own framing business after discovering he hated teaching. Said he did only custom homes because he loved the variety and working out all the angles by hand (he did all the math using a carpenter’s pencil and a scrap piece of wood for his calculations). His crew of 6 were a hardworking bunch, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of them might have taken off in a dead run if you went up to them and said “Green card?” Anyhow, I felt a little sorry for them since they were working in 104+ temperatures every day, so I decided I would do something nice for them to show my appreciation.

On a Friday morning I filled an ice chest with two cases of beer and iced it down. I also threw in the three cans of Keystone Light left over from Ed’s last visit. At noon, I drove out to the building site and left the ice chest with the sub, telling him to share it with his crew when they finished for the day. Told him to just leave the chest there and I would pick it up the following day. It was blistering hot, and the high that afternoon set a record of 107 degrees.

Saturday morning DW and I drove out to take a look at the progress of our new house. The ice chest was right where I left it…empty except for three cans of Keystone Light. :LOL:

Of course I used this incident to repeatedly rib Ed that even illegal aliens suffering from dehydration after working in the sun all day in 107 degree temperatures wouldn’t drink Keystone Light...but he would.

Truth is Ed actually had the last laugh as he started telling this story on himself as his personal badge of honor: “Only real men drink Keystone Light!” It was one of those subjects that came up every time we got together for as long as he lived, and I made sure I told that story at his funeral.

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
The Canadian list of best beers (another list there) is virtually all French or Belgian. I suspect a few guys in Quebec are stuffing the ballot box.

Ditto on the Oregon/Washington list of best. It looks like somebody in Ashland is doing the same.
I would have to agree that many of the best beers I have tasted were
Belgian, although I like many domestic brews (Mississippi Mud is my favorite).
Morry's in Long Beach,CA has a large selection of Belgian, Netherlands, and
every other kind of beer.

Sorry,

Most Belgian beer or ales I find undrinkable. A friend once tried to convince me otherwise on a long night of research into brewing. (Honest! He wanted to start a brewery!) I favor pilsners or lagers, prefereably Czech, Danish, German or Dutch.

Speaking of which, I am out of Pilsner Urquell.

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
Sorry,

Most Belgian beer or ales I find undrinkable.  A friend once tried to convince me otherwise on a long night of research into brewing.   (Honest! He wanted to start a brewery!)  I favor pilsners or lagers, prefereably Czech, Danish, German or Dutch.

Speaking of which, I am out of Pilsner Urquell.

Philistine.

BTW, dunno if you are aware, but you can now get Budweiser Budvar in the US. They sell it under the "Czechvar" brand (real crafty, those Czechs ::) ). Don't know how widely distributed it is, though.

I just bought some Belgian beer. :angel:

Now tell me why I should care what the worst beers are?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I've never seen either belgium or the netherlands anywhere around here.

I just found a place near me (far NW suburbs of Chicago) - they have a fair range of Belgiums on tap and bottled.

First meal there last week, on waitress recommendation I had the 'Mardesous'. Nice - kind of like a Nut Brown Ale, and served at the proper temperature (*not* ice cold). I need to spend more time there... ;)

-ERD50

All DRAUGHT ALES
Lindeman's Framboise Lambic • Vlesenbeck, Belgium 4.93
Hoegaarden Wit • Hoegaarden, Belgium 3.99
Boddington's "The Cream of Manchester" • manchester, England 3.99
De Koninck • Antwerp, Belgium 4.93
3 Floyds Alpha King Pale Ale • Munster, IN USA 3.45
Mardesous • Breendonk, Belgium 5.16
Dogfish 60 min IPA • Delaware, USA 4.25
Anchor Steam • SF, CA USA 3.99
Beamish Irish Stout • Cork, Ireland 4.23
Bell's Kalamazoo Stout • Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA 3.99