50 worst songs ever

And what do you have against taking camels to bed?!

Personally, I draw the line at invertebrates.

What, no chessy disco songs on this list?? hmmm. Here are a couple of stinkers that are emblazoned into my memory for the rest of my life :p

Disco Duck - Rick Dees
Get Dancin' - Disco Tex and the Sexolets

cube_rat said:
What, no chessy disco songs on this list?? hmmm. Here are a couple of stinkers that are emblazoned into my memory for the rest of my life :p

Disco Duck - Rick Dees
Get Dancin' - Disco Tex and the Sexolets

Do the Hustle? Tijuana Taxi?

Muskrat Love by Captain and Tennile. How about this one: Feelings, Whoooooa, Feelings...

My brain is teeming with these lovely gems from the 70's. Thanks to the OP for stirring up my OCD :LOL:

That VH-1 list doesn't go very far back.  'Cuz if it did, it would need every song by The Archies.

Their songs followed the format "Vomit_Vomit"   (e.g., Sugar Sugar; Yummy Yummy).  I'm feeling ill already...

So whatever happened to Morris Albert? Maybe he became a financial planner and tapped into some real dough hee hee.

I remember C & T performing Muskrat Love for some Royal Function, and the song insulted the Queen!

That's the Queen of England, not the other Queen ;)

Maybe Morris Albert got together with Leo Sayer (pic below).

How about the ultimate sleazy singles bar tune (think chest hair, gold chains and cheap cologne): Do ya think I'm sexy -- by Rod Stewart?

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy
Come on, sugar, let me know
If you really need me just reach out and touch me
Come on, honey, tell me so

Attachments

• YouMakeMeFeelLikeDancing.jpg
    YouMakeMeFeelLikeDancing.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 60
cube_rat said:
M
How about the ultimate sleazy singles bar tune (think chest hair, gold chains and cheap cologne): Do ya think I'm sexy -- by Rod Stewart?

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy
Come on, sugar, let me know
If you really need me just reach out and touch me
Come on, honey, tell me so

What is a shame is that Rod Stewart could be a fine jazz singer.

Now Barry Manilow is another story. I write the Songs is on my top 10 list of bad songs. (After MacArthur Park, the song that I refuse to name, and Feelings).

Laurence said:
It's fun to stay at the Y M C A!

Bleck!!! Remember everyone contorting their bodies into the shape of alphabets on the dance floor?

Does anyone remember the Margarena Dance from 10 years ago? I have scary memories of being in Cabo Wabo in Baja drunk on tequila doing the Margarena Dance.

Thank goodness this is an anonymous board...

Martha said:
Not! Tozz would kill me. :-X

BBB-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet.

Ah yes, the only song on the planet that actually has a speech impediment incorporated into it. I think BTO was smoking too many fatties when they wrote that song.

cube_rat said:
How about this one: Feelings, Whoooooa, Feelings...

anybody remember the Gary Larsen Far Side cartoon about this one? It shows a typical primate night-club scene, chimps sitting around having drinks, bananas and champagne glasses at the tables, and a gorilla standing next to the grand piano singing...

"peelings, all I get is peelings....."

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy (I've Got Love In My Tummy) - Ohio Express, not the Archies

But both "Sugar, Sugar" and Yummy, Yummy" get my vote, as do:

"Honey" - Bobby Goldsboro
"Mandy" - Barry Manilow
"Quinn the Eskimo" - Manfred Mann (written, incidentally, by Bob Dylan)
"Locomotion" - Grand Funk Railroad version
"Elvira" and everything else by the Oak Ridge Boys

cube_rat said:
Here's a rendition of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" from William Shatner (click at your own risk).  It's freaking hilarious.  I love Captain Kirk :LOL:

http://www.pathcom.com/~boby/lsd.htm

You know, ever since a CD of his came out last year or this year, I've been thinking of buying it. His "singing" cracks me up!

Have Funds said:
"Elvira" and everything else by the Oak Ridge Boys

Now you've done it! Bad country & western song titles:

• "You Done Me Wrong, But at Least You Done Me!"
•"If My Nose Was Running Money, Honey, I'd Blow It All on You"
• "I Gave Her My Heart and a Diamond and She Clubbed Me With a Spade"
• "Billy Broke My Heart at Walgreens and I Cried All the Way to Sears"
• "If I'd a Knowed That You'd a Wanted to of Went With Me, I'd a Seed That You'd a Got to Get to Go"
• "I Would Have Wrote You a Letter, But I Couldn't Spell Yuck"
• "She Was Only a Stablekeeper's Daughter, But Every Horseman Knew Her"

OK, I made that last one up... ;)

You can find 250 more here:

http://www.downstream.sk.ca/country.htm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom