60 Minutes - The Innocence Project of Dallas

Buckeye

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
60 Minutes ran a story tonight on the Innocence Project of Dallas. It just makes you sick to see how many were unjustly imprisoned, especially the man who was in for 27 years for a crime he did not commit. He could have lied to the parol board and "admitted" to the crime and been released a long time ago.

Another wonderful benefit of the Dallas DA starting to work on these cold cases was the rape & murder of my best friend's cousin was solved by the DNA finally being run through the system. The rapist and killer is in a Texas prison already for another crime and his name will be announced Tuesday. This was the first crime solved by the cold case squad.

Police ID suspect in 1984 rape-murder case | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Local News: TV

Police may charge suspect in '84 SMU student killing | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

That was a sad situation.

The lawyers of the Innocence Project are true American heroes. I'm watching the program now. The DA Wade had a reputation of "prosecution at all costs" and dirty tricks like ommiting evidence in favor of the accused. the current DA's office is now spending over $400 million to investigate old cases. Thank God Texas saves evidence from cases decades old.

Texas has had a high rate of executions. It is hideous to think that an innocent person might have suffered the ultimate punishment.

I also learned that DA Wade was the Wade in Roe v. Wade.

The lawyers of the Innocence Project are true American heroes. I'm watching the program now. The DA Wade had a reputation of "prosecution at all costs" and dirty tricks like ommiting evidence in favor of the accused. the current DA's office is now spending over $400 million to investigate old cases. Thank God Texas saves evidence from cases decades old.

Texas has had a high rate of executions. It is hideous to think that an innocent person might have suffered the ultimate punishment.

I don't think it's a question of "if an innocent person was put to death". It's a question of how many.

I don't think it's a question of "if an innocent person was put to death". It's a question of how many.

Yep. :(

"Even the most sophisticated death penalty schemes are unable to prevent human error from condemning the innocent. Innocent persons have been executed, and will continue to be executed under our death penalty scheme."
-- Justice Blackmun

Back
Top Bottom