60's Girl Groups

TLC did some good videos. You can see the influence the 60s groups had on them. Waterfalls, from 1994, was one of their best.

YouTube - TLC - Waterfalls

Not a girl group but I do like the song so I posted it. I did a little research and the blonde in the back is DeDe Mollner who danced for the famous Gazzarri Dancers. Her Dad was the captain of the 1936 Olympic Mens Basketball team. DeDe danced on many many videos which can be viewed on the Gazzarri Dancers web site. I'll try and find the link and post it. She is the only one doing the Mashed Potatoes correctly. I have no idea what dance the rest of the dancers are doing. I emailed DeDe and she responded stating she is living in Mexico and enjoying life. Oh yeah, she is easy on the eyes.

Here's the link. http://www.gazzarridancers.com/

Last edited:
I looked for a 60s girl group but just couldn't find one I liked. I'm substituting a 50s group:
Chordettes - Mr. Sandman (1954 Original Remastered) - YouTube
Uploaded by Nocaro on Dec 26, 2009
Few songs more closely identify the "Sound of the '50's" than the Chordettes' "Mr. Sandman". The girls formed in Sheboygan, Wisconsin in 1946, later won a contest on Arthur Godfrey's "Talent Scouts", and in 1954 hit the bigtime with their barbershop harmony on this recording of "Mr. Sandman".

I got to see her in person around 1969, she opened for Grand Funk Railroad. She's gone about 4 years now, great song.

Take a look at this link and see some of the stuff Ellie wrote, amazing. I got to sit next to her at a concert about 12 years ago in NYC. She passed in August of 09.

Ellie Greenwich

Love the Crystals! Funny thing about this song is that is was really sung by the Blossoms with Darlene Love as the lead. Here we have Francis Collins, DeDe Kinnebrew and LaLa Brooks lip sinking to the Blossoms. Phil Spector did strange stuff like this, anything not to have to pay Darlene. The record was releasd under the Crystals but done by the Blossoms, crazy.

vhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu3bKBIEypE&feature=fvwrel

Last edited:
Almost forgot about this song, it's cool though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom