Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

8 Craziest Ways to Quit a Job
Old 08-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

8 Craziest Ways to Quit a Job

Why not make your parting gesture memorable? I like #6 best.

8 Craziest Ways to Quit a Job - Oddee.com
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I liked the cake
Old 08-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

I really like Onward's new sig line.
And the cake.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Dryer sheet aficionado

I kinda quit/got fired from a job a number of years ago when I suddenly found myself working with a friend from high school and I had missed his wedding. So after working most of the day we headed to lunch and started an impromptu post-wedding bachelor party and went strip club hopping. I got fired he just got a reprimand, I didn't care I was only doing the job until I started my current job. Of course to this day he says he can no longer enjoy a strip club without the pleasures of the VIP room. Since that day I look back and cry at the money I wasted in the VIP room that day about 9 years ago. (Almost $2500 between the 2 of us)
avengerki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #5

One of my co-w*rkers showed up one day with a sprig of mistle-toe pinned to the small of her back. I wonder why?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
One of my co-w*rkers showed up one day with a sprig of mistle-toe pinned to the small of her back.
That deserves to be on the list!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

I'd include in the list, an e-mail a fellow Fed sent to friends on the occasion of his taking early retirement years ago. It included the line,
"Now, all you ****holes work for ME."
Obviously, he wasn't looking to come back as a contractor!

Amethyst
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Years ago, we had a high profile engineer nail his resignation onto a 2x4, which he in turn nailed to the door of a VP that he had, uhhh, differences with. The significance of the 2x4 is, if I remember the story correctly, it was given to him by a customer and had something inscribed to the effect of thanking him for quality work on a release or feature or fixing a nasty bug. And the disagreement with the VP had something to do with him feeling that the emphasis on quality was being shoved aside.

I also still have an email that I'm pretty certain was sent by him after he left, "signed" by our CEO (but obviously mailed via anonymous remailer), saying he was terminated for unacceptable conduct, including calling one of the corporate officers a dickhead.

Not sure how much of this is true and how much legend but people who worked with him say it is true.

Funniest part is, I think twice the guy went to startups that got bought by our company so he became an employee again. He left the first time when his year contract was up, but he's currently an employee now.

He also joined and then left one of our competitors the day before it went public, which must've cost him millions. Unless he was bad with money I'm sure he already had millions.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote