9% expected to cut their cable this year

Still have cable & no plans to get rid of. The differential svings vs. other options isn't significant enough to care about at this stage.
Free if you don't use purchased energy to get to/from library.
Good point. But in that case, you have your internet fee.
We can walk to the library here. So it's even nicer, free gym sort to speak.
Ours is a little farther than we wish to walk, but we drive past it every time we go anywhere.

Of course, in order to see the titles of books or DVDs once we are there, I have to use my $3 reading glasses. :LOL:

Last edited:
With DW, some battles you fight, others you just let it go and pay the $160 a month.

Yep, that's the case here too. Ours isn't that high, ($102) but as you say many disagreements in a marriage just aren't worth the cost of winning. And I have to admit that given the time she spends in front of the TV it is cheap entertainment for her if one looks at it on a per-hour cost.

Our condo includes Cable and Internet (negotiated with the local company.) So we pay for it whether we use it or not. At this point, that means NOT cutting the cable. The package includes a few movie channels (not particularly wide selection of movies, but...) I get all the channels I use regularly (plus many I would prefer they turned off!) So far, I'm okay with the service, though the internet is no where near the speed they claim most of the time.

We're on day 4 of no cable TV at our lakehouse. I'm fine with it. DW not so much. I have feeling there will be a trip to the Comcast store tomorrow. A guy has to pick his battles.

We're on day 4 of no cable TV at our lakehouse. I'm fine with it. DW not so much. I have feeling there will be a trip to the Comcast store tomorrow. A guy has to pick his battles.

Ha ha. A Comcast trip might earn you a choc cake or something. ;)

Got rid of cable/live TV back in 2008. No reason to have cable when you can stream anything you want at any time. Even if we had cable I doubt we would use it. Why not watch what you want, when you want, with no commercials?

Back
Top Bottom