A blast from the past - Milton Friedman

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What is nice about the Donahue interview is that Friedman was allowed to answer.
All we get today are sound bites and pundits yelling their points.

We are really lacking intelligent discussion of the issues in the general media.

I wonder what Friedman would say about what is going on today.

I found this link on a backpacking forum I read. I don't know anything about PopModal.

PopModal The Conservative's Alternative to YouTube - Milton Friedman Owns Phil Donahue

Check out the guy asking the question in this one
PopModal The Conservative's Alternative to YouTube - M. Friedman Debates Colonialism & Capitalism

Brilliant man, truth is timeless. Capitalism is the worst economic system, except for all the others. (with apologies to Churchill)

All we get today are sound bites and pundits yelling their points.

Sound Bites is what "we" want and Sound Bites is what "we" gets.

Three ways to give a good interview, and one way to shake things up | Penelope Trunk's Brazen Careerist

2. Be short. The world does not have an unlimited attention span to hear how your mind works. So you can’t think out loud in an interview and have everyone wait til you get to your point. Your point has to start right away.

Also, if you are short then you are more likely to be interesting the whole time. The longer you talk about a given topic the harder it is to keep someone’s interest. In the PR world this is called “soundbite”. But really, you can use the sound bite technique everywhere – on radio, in a blog post, on a date.

Free to Choose has been in my top ten book list ever since it was published...thanks for the links, I enjoyed watching.

Dex,
Thanks for the link. Where is Mr. Friedman when we really need him?

Hmm, Beth David, I grew up in Elmont and DW lived one block from that Cemetery.

Back
Top Bottom