Join Early Retirement Today
A creative look at rosyln long island-photos
Old 01-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A creative look at rosyln long island-photos

my wife and i took a drive over by the clock tower early new years morning for some photos.
we did a little creative hdr work on a few for a more artsey look.

mathjak107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets
Wow! Love the waterwheel photo (both real and touched up) - wish I could have it as a painting in my house!

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Don’t struggle so much, the best things happen when not expected. — Gabriel García Márquez
JacqJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
No kidding! These are spectacular! Thanks!!! Some look like oil paintings. You are getting really creative with your photos now.
Please consider adopting a rescue animal. So very many need a furr-ever home and someone to love them! And if we all spay/neuter our pets there won't be an overpopulation to put to death.
Orchidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
the hdr photos are pretty cool... normally one exposure cant capture the entire scene because the cameras sensors range isnt wide enough to encompass white snow and dark objects. everything just looks awful..

by shooting as many as 9 different exposures and merging them i can capture the entire scene in all its detail.

i can then play around with such a wide range of tones and alter them to the point of being sureal

Old 01-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.
These are really neat! I wonder if there's a name for this media -- it's hardly photography anymore (in a good, artistic way).
GoodSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #6
its called high dynamic range phototography or simply hdr.

its done by merging multiple different exposures of the same scene and encompassing the entire range from dark to light just like our eyes see.

no camera sensor can really see as wide as our eyes. now heres the problem , no monitor we have or printer can print a range that wide.

sooooo like compressing a slinky to put in a smaller box i have to compress the photo's range. but depending if i just squeeze it in evenely or if i pinch it in different spots to make it smaller i can control the look.

the look can range from normal to a highly detailed normal to painting like or even like a bad lsd trip...

i use software called photomatix