A Different View of "Early" Retirement

I liked high school a lot. It would have been quite a bit better if you got rid of those teachers and classes though... :-\

I live near an air force base.

Think of how rich my life is.

On top of that, a cat just walked by my window for the second time.

Mother's Day

Lazy -  up at 5:30 - two pots of coffee, 'Yankee,' and Chicory, take the dog out - The neighbors Peek, Kazon, Lab, and JJ the orphaned swamp pig are out - throw the old ball around for 30 - 40 minutes, off to see the old pharts at the doughnut shop - attendance is down cause it's Mother's Day - shop - home with candyflowers and a couple of 'can't kill'em plants' for da Mother's(3) - me and dog are exiled - cause 'it's Scrabble rama for the Mother's - I get to cook.

Mesquite barbeque pork, bake macaroni from scratch, and green beans. Hagen - Das ice cream cones for desert.

No planes yet. Sun is shining - one deck across the inlet is setting out the chairs and barbeque. Pretty boring.

Wait! A big blue heron just flew from my old pier pilings over to the neighbors pier - does that count? I'd better slow down - he was taking a siesta.

If the heron was carrying any passengers, or had a large asian carp in its mouth, it counts.

unclemick2 said:
I get to cook.

Mesquite barbeque pork, bake macaroni from scratch, and green beans. Hagen - Das ice cream cones for desert.

Tell me about it. I've got FOUR mothers coming over, husbands and kids in tow.

Mahi Mahi and Halibut taco's with shredded cabbage topped with a concoction made from sour cream, lime juice, cumin, homemade flaming chili powder from my own grown chilis, some italian seasoning and probably something else I forgot about.

5 metric tons of salsa (three kinds), guacamole, salad with 3 kinds of dressing, cheeseburgers for the kids, etc etc.

Can you tell my father in law is mexican and that this is a combo cinco de mayo/mothers day extravaganza?

Only suck part is "mother" nature decided that her day was going to be rainy. Rain in may is an extreme oddity around here. So instead of a nice 80ish sunny day on the patio my office has been seized by a large dining room table and lots of chairs. :p

BUM said:
For years Mom and I have played scrabble online daily... sometimes more often...she just loves it and usually wins.

Sometimes the site experiences growth related problems (maybe BMJ could help). http://www.thepixiepit.co.uk/scrabble/index.htm

BUM

Man, scrabble with your Mom. I would love that. If I mentioned scrabble to my Mom, she would think I was coming for breakfast.

JG

Back
Top Bottom