Join Early Retirement Today

A Female President?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

A Female President?

So Germany has finally sorted it's coalition out and Angela Merkel is now Chancellor. This follows many other countries who have or have previously had a woman Leader (President, Prime Minister, Chancellor or whatever their title).

Off the top of my head I can recall the UK, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Israel, Ireland, a Scandavian Country (I think Norway?) and Turkey as having a woman at the top.

Plenty others have had a woman as Second in Command, currently China springs to mind, . Doubtless there are many more.

So how long before the US has ANYTHING other than a white male at the top??

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: A Female President?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

2008 - Condi Vs Hillary

Old 11-23-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTien
2008 - Condi Vs Hillary
Here is a photo of their first debate...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hillary-Condi.jpg (5.2 KB, 134 views)
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb Hillary-Condi.jpg_thumb (24.7 KB, 0 views)

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 01:47 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Sigh, if only! I garantee you in 2008 we will have another old white man as President. Same in 2012. It's a shame.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Sigh, if only!* I garantee you in 2008 we will have another old white man as President.* Same in 2012. It's a shame.
Well, I'm still sorry we gave women the vote

Seriously, I wouldn't mind a female Pres. (or anything else)
if they were ultraconservative (Hell, I'd vote for a Martian).
Anyway, I won $ by betting on Hillary winning in NY. Nothing much surprises
me any more.

JG
Old 11-24-2005, 07:37 AM   #6
Confused about dryer sheets

Liberia just elected a female president; The Philippines has elected two in recent years...
Old 11-24-2005, 08:26 AM   #7

Condi is obvious choice among Republicans, and I think she scares the Democrats.* Obviously, she'd hurt them with women and blacks, too democratic bastions.* However, She says she does not want it, but t'is early.*

I have no problem with a female prez.* I used to love Maggie Thatcher; called her the "best man in Europe."* Hillary is the fav among the media, primarily I think, because she will provide the most fun.* The Rs will attack her from day one, linking her and Big Bill and the "right-wing conspiracy." I'd love to see it; make it interesting.* You have noticed her moving more to the middle-ground on the Iraq war?* No doubt, she's running. Now if we can just find a swift boat video with her in it ...*

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle43
Condi is obvious choice among Republicans, and I think she scares the Democrats.* Obviously, she'd hurt them with women and blacks, too democratic bastions.* However, She says she does not want it, but t'is early.*

I have no problem with a female prez.* I used to love Maggie Thatcher; called her the "best man in Europe."* Hillary is the fav among the media, primarily I think, because she will provide the most fun.* The Rs will attack her from day one, linking her and Big Bill and the "right-wing conspiracy." I'd love to see it; make it interesting.* You have noticed her moving more to the middle-ground on the Iraq war?* No doubt, she's running. Now if we can just find a swift boat video with her in it ...*
Maybe she can find that dopey helmet that Dukakis wore in the tank.
One of the worst "photo opps" of all time.

JG
Old 11-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkie
So how long before the US has ANYTHING other than a white male at the top??
Haven't you been watching Geena Davis? The show has several former Clinton staffers helping to prepare you psychologically for Hillary '08. I don't know which cracks me up more-- seeing her try to act like the President or trying to imagine Donald "M*A*S*H"/"Kelly's Heroes" Sutherland acting like a responsible member of the establishment.

But don't blame me. I voted for Colin Powell.

I'd vote for Condaleeza if I could convince myself that she remembers who her spouse is. That was just a little too strange, right up there with John Dean's "I Have A Scream".

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Condi and McCain are the Repub's only chance in '08, but the forces that control the party now would never allow it. I just don't see Hillary getting the nomination, as much as there is buzz about it. Watched the Ellen show with her on it, Ellen tripped her up into saying "yes" to running by adding it in at the last second to a long question, brought some laughs and cheers from the obviously sympathetic crowd. Everyone was nodding and winking. But I think there are candidates in the party who are letting Hillary run out front, collect a lot of money for the DNC, take all the slings and arrows from now until about, oh, Jan. of '07, then they'll spring out to try and nab it. How's this for newsroom feeding frenzy: Hillary/McCain vs. Condi/Powell!
Old 11-24-2005, 05:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Condi and McCain are the Repub's only chance in '08, . . .
Don't overlook the Cheny/Satan '08 ticket possibilities.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #12
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((^+^)) SG
Don't overlook the Cheny/Satan '08 ticket possibilities.
Better the devil you know...

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:05 PM   #13
Full time employment: Posting here.

Cheney is the scariest thing this side of h**l, primarily because he is smart. Way over the head of GW...
Old 11-24-2005, 08:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Condi and McCain are the Repub's only chance in '08, but the forces that control the party now would never allow it.* I just don't see Hillary getting the nomination, as much as there is buzz about it.* Watched the Ellen show with her on it, Ellen tripped her up into saying "yes" to running by adding it in at the last second to a long question, brought some laughs and cheers from the obviously sympathetic crowd.* Everyone was nodding and winking.* But I think there are candidates in the party who are letting Hillary run out front, collect a lot of money for the DNC, take all the slings and arrows from now until about, oh, Jan. of '07, then they'll spring out to try and nab it.* How's this for newsroom feeding frenzy: Hillary/McCain vs. Condi/Powell!*
I think Condi/McCain could run strong. *There are the Condi minions,
but McCain will cause many Republicans to mutiny. *They think he's lost his marbles. *

JG
Old 11-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaRed
Cheney is the scariest thing this side of h**l, primarily because he is smart.* Way over the head of GW...
I agree he is "smart". Personally, I am a big fan, and that is saying
something as most politicians make me want to puke.

JG
Old 11-24-2005, 08:40 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaRed
Cheney is the scariest thing this side of h**l, primarily because he is smart.* Way over the head of GW...
So is my goldfish* **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outby7
Liberia just elected a female president; The Philippines has elected two in recent years...
Yup, that's true. Philippines had Cory Aquino and the current boss, Gloria Arroyo. didn't see the girl in Liberia.

As for Dr. Rice, do you think after 43 white men, that you will take the quantum leap to elect a black woman?* (Or is that 42 white men and one strategically shaved white chimp?)
Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkie
Or is that 42 white men and one strategically shaved white chimp?
You're gonna have to be a little more specific there, although I guess you're probably not referring to Lincoln...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #18
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Ain't gonna be Condi or any other elephant candidate at this rate (and good riddance). The ruling party has succeeded in publicly and repeatedly screwing up, lying, getting caught doing dirty stuff, etc. Having said that, I bet the administration will make a big, politically motivated gamble and start bring large numbers of troops home in roughlt the third quarter of next year. Early enough that they hope it will help the mid-term election, but late enough that the collapse/civil war in Iraq that results won't actually happen until afetr the election.

Ain't gonna be a female president, either. I have no doubt Clinton will run in the primary, but I will happily vote against her because I think she will have no chance of winning. I actually like Dean, but I find it amazing that he appears to have doomed himself politically with a single war whoop.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
You're gonna have to be a little more specific there, although I guess you're probably not referring to Lincoln...
I assumed that post was a CHP.

JG
Old 11-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGALT2U
I assumed that post was a CHP.
You assumed wrong.* Looks like I'm gonna have to crank the subtlety dial back down.

I was reading your other CHP accusation diversion to Martha and I realized that you must be using a type of Mensa logic that the rest of us aren't privy to.* Perhaps that "logic" covers your assumptions as well.* But I wouldn't accuse you of CHPs, assuming that I could tell the difference.

When I'm engaging in CH I'm also engaged in additional synergistic activities that are incompatible with posting on this board.