Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

A FIREee's dream project
Old 04-20-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

A FIREee's dream project

Time to clean out the basement and get to work.

This is simply unbelievable. The Miniatur Wunderland model railroad in Hamburg, Germany the largest in the world, covering 16,146 square feet of space with more than 10,000 train cars running around its 6.8 miles of HO scale track. Now, the makers of this huge layout have created a video that gives you a jaw-dropping look at the vast scope of this intricate work of art.

Its construction started in 2000, and is still underway, with a tiny airport due for completion by the end of this year. This is just the beginning there are plans to double to layout by 2014. We especially like the Las Vegas portion, complete with dazzling LEDs lighting up the night.

You have to watch the new video BELOW to get the full impact of this remarkable achievement, which has taken in excess of 500,000 working hours to build. There's good reason why this is Germany's most popular attraction, already visited by more than 5 million flabbergasted tourists.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet but have a question.
Does this mean if I retire soon, I can enter into my second child hood?
Steve
Stevewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Pretty neat!

Free
Free To Canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

That's very cool. It beats to heck my u-shaped layout in a 12x15 end of a basement room, especially since I'm not far at all on the landscaping.

We're spending 3 weeks in Germany and other countries next month, unfortunately getting nowhere near Hamburg to see this, otherwise I definitely would.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote