A new option in the battle against Robocalls

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Here’s an interesting approach to dealing with Robocalls. It’s a “voice robot” that engages in conversation with the telemarketer. It’s an interesting idea, bothering the caller, dragging out the conversation and forcing them to waste their time. This one has multiple voices with different approaches and delaying tactics. There are a number of actual calls that were recorded. It needs some work still but think it’s clever and hope this approach evolves. Jolly Roger Telephone. https://jollyrogertelephone.com

I like the idea. Fight fire with fire. Put in another way, best way to nag the telemarketers is to nag them right back :LOL:.

It’s cute, clever, thanks. But as you know, some calls are just to verify your number so more scammers can call, and all they need is anyone to just answer. Maybe a minority of cold calls, but I’d rather just not pick up. If you’re not in my contacts, you leave a message or we’re not talking.

A downside is this service will put humans that like playing with telemarketers' minds out of business :LOL:.

A downside is this service will put humans that like playing with telemarketers' minds out of business :LOL:.
That's funny, because sometimes I like to play with them too, it's fun, I just did it a few days ago. But you still have the option of answering the phone and having fun.

James Bond to the rescue with STIR/SHAKEN. Article in this morning's local paper that Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile "will activate a new national authentication system designed to stop fraudulent and unsolicited calls." System is being tested. Activation expected early 2019 with other carriers following.

We get on average, 10 of these calls a day. This system is the phone equivalent to the system used to eliminate most spam e-mail. Can't wait :dance:.

Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile "will activate a new national authentication system designed to stop fraudulent and unsolicited calls."

Sounds exactly like what the federal "Do Not Call List" was designed to do. That worked so well that I wonder why we would need another system like it. :facepalm:

No, i like to do it myself, if i can string them along for 30 -60 minutes while i'm doing OTHER stuff is great fun for me and you dont get bothered, Thank you very much !!!

Sounds exactly like what the federal "Do Not Call List" was designed to do. That worked so well that I wonder why we would need another system like it. :facepalm:

Nope, it will prevent robocalls from getting through. Based on various algorithms inlcuding if call originates from out of country, it will stop the call dead in its tracks. I googled STIR/SHAKEN... ...

How to Stop Spam Robocalls With STIR/SHAKEN

Back
Top Bottom