A new twist on "blown away"...

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Paraglider survives high-flying ordeal

Paragliding 2005 World Cup winner Ewa Wisnierska, 35, was lifted to 32,612 feet by a storm that apparently killed a Chinese paraglider in eastern Australia on Wednesday....

He Zhongpin, 42, died during the same weather system, apparently from a lack of oxygen and extreme cold... His body was found 47 miles from his launch site.

...Officials and Wisnierska's ground team used global positioning and radio equipment to track her altitude as she soared well beyond the 29,000-foot plus height of Everest, the world's tallest peak.

She lost consciousness for more than 30 minutes while her glider flew on uncontrolled, sinking and lifting several times...

She regained consciousness at about 1,640 feet and landed safely, but had ice in her lightweight flying suit and frost bite on her face.

reminds me of a story a friend told me on st croix about snorkling with a turtle. supposedly he was riding the turtle when it arched its neck, trapping his hand between the neck and the shell and then the turtle dove deep. i think he was wearing gloves and finally managed to break free and float back to the surface.

all in the opposite direction, but conceptually the same.

Like all the people who freeze/suffocate climbing Mt Everest ... I ask them:

"And you do this for RECREATION?!?!"

tryan said:
Like all the people who freeze/suffocate climbing Mt Everest ... I ask them:

"And you do this for RECREATION?!?!"

:D

My wife and I go to place in the small college town that we live close to every time they have a stand-up comedy show.

Last week they had a black comedian on. "You white people are crazy. When's the last time you saw a black guy trying to climb Mt. Everest, sky-dive, bungee jump, or involved in any extreme sports.?" ;)

Good question, huh? ;)

Hey, white guys aren't that crazy. When's the last time you saw a white guy on any street in America named MLK Blvd?

Back
Top Bottom