A Photo of Your Christmas Tree

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK, I admit it, I mostly want to show off the neat garage sale bike I got Jenny, but I'll bet many of you have nice trees that you'd like to display.

img_1015889_0_22f4fffab49c05a5ebee493ddb4f09d5.jpg

No tree at all for me (is that too Scrooge-McDuck-ish?). Haven't had a tree since 1995, though lately I have had the money for one.

We'll be spending Christmas at his family's house here in New Orleans and they will have a sterile-looking artificial tree with identical glass balls on it, surrounded by a large extended family with lots of excited kids running around and tons of presents.

Last edited:
Well, after the cannabis tree, I guess our tree is pretty anticlimactic!

Attachments

• Xmas tree 2010.jpg
    Xmas tree 2010.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 5
Here is mine and as an added bonus here is the view out the window behind the tree !

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    772.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 4
All these Christmas tress are HUGE ! :) mine is about one foot tall only ... I am too embarrassed to show it...

Hi tech seems to have arrived at the xmas tree lots in San Francisco this year. Went to help my DS pick his up and before loading that 7 footer, we got to put it in a "shaker machine" which vibrated the tree for a couple of minutes before loading. The idea is to get rid of the dead needles before getting it home.

Or has everyone been doing that for years, and I just hadn't noticed?

DW and I used to do full size real trees but that became a PITA since we had to move the furniture in our petite sized townhouse living room to accommodate them. A couple of years ago DW picked up an after Xmas special on a goofy looking fake tree with complete with lights which slides right into the room without moving anything. you can see it here with a bonus glimpse of the photographer. To make up for the lack of a sizable tree DW has a variety of small decorative trees a couple of which are on the dining room buffet..

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 10
  • trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 4
We cut a tree each year at a local tree farm. The tree goes through a quick mechanical shaking and twine-binding, before it gets loaded into our car.

Well watered every day, the fresh-cut tree won't drop needles for at least a month. We set it up before Thanksgiving, and the needles are still very fresh.

Amethyst

Hi tech seems to have arrived at the xmas tree lots in San Francisco this year. Went to help my DS pick his up and before loading that 7 footer, we got to put it in a "shaker machine" which vibrated the tree for a couple of minutes before loading. The idea is to get rid of the dead needles before getting it home.

Or has everyone been doing that for years, and I just hadn't noticed?

OK, I admit it, I mostly want to show off the neat garage sale bike I got Jenny, but I'll bet many of you have nice trees that you'd like to display.

So the new pedals are gonna cost more than the bike?

I think the old Charlie Brown Christmas special says all that needs to be said about what constitutes a "good tree." I'm sure your one-footer is every bit as classy as the taller trees!

Amethyst

All these Christmas tress are HUGE ! :) mine is about one foot tall only ... I am too embarrassed to show it...

Nice bike!

One of my husband's Christmas memories is the second-hand bike his dad re-painted and gave him for Christmas. His dad worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad where he had learned to do gold leaf decoration on the engines - so husband had possibly the only bike in town with real gold-leaf "detailing."

Amethyst

img_1015930_0_22f4fffab49c05a5ebee493ddb4f09d5.jpg

Ah, come on, mine is a small freebie being decorated the “Fluffy Way”: put one unbreakable ornament on, play with Fluffy, put another ornament on, distract Fluffy. Gifts are in a glassed-in bookcase. I’ve asked friends to put one of their own ornaments on to be returned after New Year’s. Here’s the tree and favored gifts so far, unfinished oils by SO.

Attachments

• IMG_8550.jpg
    IMG_8550.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8546.jpg
    IMG_8546.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8543.jpg
    IMG_8543.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 3
A couple of pics from our place at the North Pole :cool: ...

Attachments

• rsz_004[1].jpg
    rsz_004[1].jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 4
  • rsz_1003[1].jpg
    rsz_1003[1].jpg
    725 KB · Views: 2
For its sentimental value, I suppose.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 20

Unlike certain parts of the male anatomy, size does not matter for Christmas trees! :LOL:

Not only that - in that context, a 12-inch tree would be rather impressive!

Unlike certain parts of the male anatomy, size does not matter for Christmas trees! :LOL:

Heck, if it was up to me, I would not have a tree and all this "stuff" cluttering the house this time of year :whistle:

So the new pedals are gonna cost more than the bike?

They would, but I took off standard pedals, and Jenny's bringing her "clipless" pedals with her.

Re size of trees: Once you go small, you'll never go back. Very easy and user-friendly.

But TromboneAl's Christmas Tree Farm is coming along, and I now have 21 trees growing. Most are volunteers. I've learned that if I shear them correctly they'll get nice and bushy. Should start harvesting in 2012.

TreeFarm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom