A Sight To Behold...

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I recieved a wonderful email from a friend this AM - it was a slideshow of hot air balloons photos assembled from several internation balloon festivals in the US and abroad. Source of photos was www.airliner.net, however I could not find a slide show there.
A quick search led me to a great collection of photos of very unique balloons from shows held in Alberquerque NM
Choose the slideshow format at (click on slide show to start) It may hang up a few times, so just scroll up and click on the next slide to resume play.
ABQjournal Slide Show: publicballoons2008
or contact sheet format at
http://www.abqjournal.com/cgi-bin/display_photo.pl?tn_dir=/pix/publicballoons2008&thumbsize=166

Hope this brightens your day! :flowers:

Thanks

That was great, I really liked the bees holding hands

Thanks for the airliner net, The flying boats brought back memories of flying in the copilot's seat of Grumman goose, landing on water, wading ashore in Aleutians, Sanak island typical 34 degrees water temp. Sigh.... that was a long time ago.

I went on a hot air balloon ride back in the late 80's. The first photo is a pic I took while in the balloon floating over Chesterfield, MO. You can see the silhouette of "my" balloon in the background.

The second pic is us landing in a lake, on purpose :)...the pilot was amazing and yes, we were able to take off again from "sitting" in water.

The third pic is a guy bungee jumping from a hot air balloon....:eek:

Last edited:
I went on a hot air balloon ride back in the late 80's. The first photo is a pic I took while in the balloon floating over Chesterfield, MO. You can see the silhouette of "my" balloon in the background.

The second pic is us landing in a lake, on purpose :)...the pilot was amazing and yes, we were able to take off again from "sitting" in water.

The third pic is a guy bungee jumping from a hot air balloon....:eek:
I've always wanted to try a HA balloon ride, but even a 6' ladder gives me the queasies. I'll watch from down below.
I'll fly on an airplane over the ocean with no problem. Go figure...:rolleyes:

Mom lived about a mile from a lake; one summer they did a hot-air balloon parade around the lake when I went to visit her. Very entertaining as they were so close to the ground bobbing up and down, we could hear them talking.

Back
Top Bottom