A tribute

Dash man

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We've all had someone in our life that was special to us. Someone we've had a special connection with, that provided us guidance, wisdom, motivation or set an example for us to admire.
This weekend we said goodbye to my uncle. He was a true hero during WWII having served behind enemy lines working with partisans as a member of the OSS. He later became an engineer and rose to an executive leadership position in a company that brought cellular communications into our daily lives. He had five children and a bundle of grandchildren and great grandchildren. He was one of those people who liked and was liked by everyone he met. He offered advice to all his children, nephews and nieces as they went off to college saying the GPA isn't nearly as important as taking advantage of the opportunity to seek out the diversity of experiences available to us while in school. My connection to my uncle was strong in part from our military experiences in covert operations, and he would tell stories for hours on end. He was a man of faith and loved his family. I will miss him very much.
Kudos to the VFW and the U.S. Army for a beautiful military honors ceremony.
Anyone else want to share something about someone special in their life?

So sorry, Dash.

My mother died a little over 2 years ago and she was the someone special in my life. I was lucky enough to have a loving, affectionate, present mom. She had had a hard life but made mine easy. With her Italian background she made amazing meals, sometimes for 30 people - all by herself. We all try to recreate those meals in my family but it is missing that one special ingredient - Renee Santo.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know it must hurt.

Your uncle was certainly a remarkable man. What an amazing life he had. If he could read this tribute, I'm sure he would be touched and so proud of you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom