a trip to eastern state penitentiary

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
what a great place to visit and photograph. it is in philidelphia pa

NIKON D300 WITH NIKON 50MM F1.4
121226_M%26M%20PHOTO-44-Edit-L.jpg

121226_M%26M%20PHOTO-49-Edit-L.jpg

121226_M%26M%20PHOTO-18-Edit-L.jpg

121226_M%26M%20PHOTO-22-Edit-L.jpg

121226_M%26M%20PHOTO-11-Edit-L.jpg

Nice images. Doesn't look like a nice place to stay.

Wow! Great photos. That is really neat.

Now I need to read up on that penitentiary to learn more about it. Most of those kinds of places get torn down and you don't get to see the real thing, anymore. We had an old one here in Columbia, SC (much like yours), that was torn down and I never got to see what it was like. Mostly you think of Alcatraz.

And a good place to take your out-of-control kids for a visit...

http://www.easternstate.org/

Last edited:
I was in Venice, Italy last summer and we visited Doge's Palace, including the prison/dungeon. Doesn't look much different !

Last edited:
Yeah, that is a cool place to visit in Philly. My son and I did the tour when we were there checking out colleges, it was one of the highlights of our too-brief visit (after Geno's cheese-steaks, of course).

Wow! Great photos. That is really neat.

Now I need to read up on that penitentiary to learn more about it. Most of those kinds of places get torn down and you don't get to see the real thing, anymore. We had an old one here in Columbia, SC (much like yours), that was torn down and I never got to see what it was like. Mostly you think of Alcatraz.

And a good place to take your out-of-control kids for a visit...

But I do recall being threatened with being sent to that old Columbia prison whenever I doing something bad as a child! :D

Looks like a great place to send our Congressional representatives. ;)

Nice pictures, especially the one with all the greens in it (#4 of the last set).

thanks, photography is a passion for my wife and i.

most of every where we go revolves around our photography.

Back
Top Bottom