A woman's life in Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in Iran back in 1978 and my wife and 1 year old daughter accompanied me. . . .The culprit was brought in (by this time he had really been worked over) and the judge turned to my wife and through an interpreter asked her what punishment she wished upon him. Talk about a different system of justice.
Of course, an >>awful<< lot changed in Iran just a year later.
I recommend the recent Iranian film "A Separation" for a glimpse into the Iranian justice system and daily life. I doubt it is entirely without bias (it was filmed in Iran with official approval), but it is an excellent movie in its own right and an illuminating peek into upper middle-class lives in modern Iran. It also touches on many of the themes of this thread. A great movie.

Last edited:
Game over, turn in your man card.
+1. Women in Arabia apparently are at the mercy of a bad or vindictive husband. Men in America are at the mercy of any woman who wants to play any one of a number of woman cards available to her. Either condition stinks, but I bet Saudi men at least are spared the indignity of scurrying around trying to satisfy honey-do lists.

Someone is always on top. I'd rather it be me, then I can be kind and fair. If it's her, it's up to her and that might go either way, and I know myself a lot better than I will ever know her.

Ha

Last edited:
haha said:
+1. Women in Arabia apparently are at the mercy of a bad or vindictive husband. Men in America are at the mercy of any woman who wants to play any one of a number of woman cards available to her. Either condition stinks, but I bet Saudi men at least are spared the indignity of scurrying around trying to satisfy honey-do lists.

Someone is always on top. I'd rather it be me, then I can be kind and fair. If it's her, it's up to her and that might go either way, and I know myself a lot better than I will ever know her.

Ha

Ha, I could envision you as a "Benevolent Dictator" type. :). Speaking of your indignities comment, while I only have a GF, I am reduced to hiding my small wager football bets in my own house even, to avoid the incessant wrath from my GF over this. My other 2 married buddies have to hide it
also to avoid the fangs from their wives. I guess we are scared of them playing "one of a number of woman cards available to her".

Ha, I could envision you as a "Benevolent Dictator" type. :). Speaking of your indignities comment, while I only have a GF, I am reduced to hiding my small wager football bets in my own house even, to avoid the incessant wrath from my GF over this. My other 2 married buddies have to hide it
also to avoid the fangs from their wives. I guess we are scared of them playing "one of a number of woman cards available to her".
I hear you, brother. :)

Ha

frayne said:
OK, both you guys, turn in your man cards.

Twenty years ago, you may have been prouder of me, Frayne. But the pool of available fish to catch is shrinking by the year, so compromises must be made! Besides, I don't think I ever met a lady friend who could not stand sports betting. Maybe that is the reason when I go to Vegas, I rarely see a women in a sports-book!

But the pool of available fish to catch is shrinking by the year.

You are casting your rod in the wrong pond my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom