AARP Do's and Don't's on ER

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
https://www.aarp.org/retirement/planning-for-retirement/info-2019/do-and-dont.html?cmp=EMC-DSO-NLC-RSS-SAPLA--CTRL-042419-P1-3718765&ET_CID=3718765&ET_RID=12386599&mi_u=12386599&mi_ecmp=20190424_DailyBulletin_Control_247401_320001&encparam=ABbmZWiWLQv6ihy%2fGKdAEt9n9%2bIyyYDahfmijgp4BYI%3d

Just one of the suggestions...

"Do treat yourself to breakfast at a trendy coffee shop. Panic when you realize you have no idea what ristretto and affogato are. Stagger to park bench. Do not sit on park bench. The next thing you know, you’ll be feeding pigeons."

“Do take a drive to the country, returning to the city during rush hour, when everyone is leaving. When you see the commuters sitting in traffic, fuming, wave and smile as you whiz by at 60 miles an hour. Isn’t retirement grand? “

I take a certain amount of pleasure watching the AM traffic report while enjoying my morning coffee from the recliner, feet up and dog in lap.[emoji57]

Do keep in mind that it’s now your [civic] duty never to go grocery shopping during peak hours. Every time a retiree does that, a fairy attending a movie in the afternoon dies.
Good one!

Heading back home in the mornings after dancing, from Pittsburgh, I learned why "the Parkway" is called that. It is the 6 mile long cars parked trying to get into the burgh. This is at 9 or 10 AM. No idea what it looks like at 7 AM.

Heading back home in the mornings after dancing, from Pittsburgh, I learned why "the Parkway" is called that. It is the 6 mile long cars parked trying to get into the burgh. This is at 9 or 10 AM. No idea what it looks like at 7 AM.

Have you ever wondered why we drive on a "Parkway" and park on a "Driveway"?

After getting up at 7 a.m. for 45 years, that may no longer be possible. Take as long as you want to remain in bed and brood.

7 a.m.:confused: How about 5:15 a.m. or perhaps 5:30 at the latest for 40+ years. 7 a.m. sounds like somebody on East Coast time.

Back
Top Bottom