Join Early Retirement Today

Absolutely the worst show on television...
Old 07-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

...bearing in mind that I watch any reality tv shows.

"Destination Truth" on the sci-fi channel. I'd sincerely recommend watching this show only if seriously inebriated, which in my case still wasnt very helping.

Josh Gates employs "a crack team" of investigators armed with the latest in scientific tools. They find mythical creatures and whatnot in the back jungles and waterways of 3rd and 4th world countries, fly there, interview intoxicated people with negative credibility about their experiences with these creatures, and make fun of them in english (which they cant understand). The latter is pretty much the only redeeming characteristic of the show.

Intermixed with this is blair-witch like scenes of stumbling through jungles in the dark, yelling "OH MY GOD, WHAT WAS THAT?!?" a lot and occasionally catching a dog or bat on an infrared camera, before retiring with their 'data' to the US for some expert to analyze and tell them they saw a dog.

Absolutely the worst waste of an hour of your time on the airwaves.

I've seen four episodes so far.

My favorite was El Pombero, a small furry dwarf that supposedly lives in the rural areas of argentina. According to local lore, El Pombero likes to steal cigarettes and rum and can make women pregnant by touching their stomachs.

I think we can see how this little 'myth' became started...

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I think the Scott Baio show has to be up there on the top 3 worst shows out there. The only possible redeeming quality with his reality show is to once and for all reveal his secret on how he was able to bop every hot chick in Hollywood. :confused:

Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post

I've seen four episodes so far.
If you're waiting for permission, we're all telling you that it's ok to change the channel or turn off the tv.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Eh, its the only show our tivo keeps getting as a suggestion that my wife doesnt want to watch with me...

Thats my story and i'm sticking with it.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #5

I thought without a doubt that you would be talking about Piratemaster on CBS which would have to be the biggest heap of steaming crap that I have ever seen. In my defence I DVR it and only watch the 30 seconds to see who has been eliminated, though I am not sure why I care seeing the contestants are all so unlikeable.

CFB, that show sounds like the sort of crap my husband would watch. I will have to make sure he doesn't actually land upon it or it will be a marathon viewing session in our household.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I thought without a doubt that you would be talking about Piratemaster on CBS which would have to be the biggest heap of steaming crap that I have ever seen. In my defence I DVR it and only watch the 30 seconds to see who has been eliminated, though I am not sure why I care seeing the contestants are all so unlikeable.

Super, you just saved me some time. My tivo has all the episodes of piratemaster on it, and we havent watched a minute of it yet.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #7

I might not be able to match you on bad TV shows, but I might on bad movies. As
a fan of very late night bad TV, and a new-found member of Netflix, I have watched an
impressive resume of bad movies, some more than once. Not just the traditionally bad
Godzilla, Plan 9, etc, but "Faster Pussycat Faster Kill Kill", Bimbo Movie Bash,
Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death, This Night I'll Possess Your Corpse,
and many others (no Streisand movies though - I have my limits). I guess all the
free time you have once ER'de does have its downside,
although watching the worst movie is still better than work.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

I get really annoyed with the Poker show on the travel channel.

I just cannot see that people that watch the travel channel would want to watch people play poker, although I could be wrong.

It always annoys me though when I could be watching one of their other good shows and that one is on, or like the haunted house things on discovery channel.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:25 AM   #9

CFB if you keep this up I'm gonna start thinking that you might need a job
Old 07-26-2007, 07:08 AM   #10
Administrator

The worst show on TV absolutely has to be Jerry Springer. Not only do those people debase themselves, they debase humanity and civilization.

Considering all the excellent shows that have been cancelled, it amazes me that Springer is still on the air.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

When I first saw "2 1/2 men" I thought it was the worst show on TV that was years ago.

Jerry Springer is America and one of the reasons Osama wants to keep the USA out of the Middle East. Now that would be a show take the characters on Springer to the middle east and make them live in an Iraqi village.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I have long been of the opinion that the entire history of American popular culture - maybe even of Western civilization - amounts to little more than a long prelude to "The Simpsons."
Film Review: The Simpsons Movie - International Herald Tribune
Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #13
Give me a forum ...

No,The worst show on Tv is Dr.Phil .He has sunken to the Jerry Springer level plus he has elevated his wife to the know it all authority on marriage and raising kids .
Old 07-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

My wife agrees, she quit watching dr. phil. My life has measurably improved since.

Hey BUM...I saw far more ridiculous and stupid things in corporate meetings than I've ever seen on tv...including reality shows...

Maybe I oughta watch a few reality shows, so i'd know what all y'all are talking about when you bring up people like that sangria guy.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #15

I really dont care for reality tv shows....ever since they had this "wife swap" thing....tuned in and it REALLY wasnt what I expected
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
...bearing in mind that I watch any reality tv shows.
Maybe you need a j*b to fill your time?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddythebeagle View Post
I really dont care for reality tv shows....ever since they had this "wife swap" thing....tuned in and it REALLY wasnt what I expected
Yeah, they don't sleep together, so I shut it off when I found that out...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
Maybe you need a j*b to fill your time?
Der...I meant to say "I dont watch ANY reality tv shows" unfortunately I cant go back and edit the post...
Old 07-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Want to talk about stupid..... but I have seen two of them...

20 vs 40... One of those match making shows, but a 30 yo has a gaggle of 20 somethings and another of 40 somethings and he has to choose which one is his life partner....

Talk about cat fights.... and the oldest one I saw on the show was 48 and the youngest 20...

So, put yourself in there at 30 and tell me which direction YOU will be choosing
Old 07-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

The one with the biggest boobs?