Abu Musab al-Zarqawi killed in air raid

samclem said:
My idea for the $25 million--we not-so privately deliver the cash to various radical Shia and Sunni elements in Iraq--that should get them killing each other.

I didn't get a look at the HUD shots--I heard the news say they were laser-guided bombs, but a GPS weapon isn't out of the question. The guy with the targeting laser could have been in the other acft.

The biggest let down--due to CENTCOM's General Order 1, there's a big restriction on alcohol in theater. So, drink 'em if you got 'em in honor of those who can't have a well-deserved cold one tonight.

I'm on it! In fact, I'm on #2! :)

Let's put out the word on Muslim internet sites that Hillary Clinton was the one who fingered Zarqawi.  :D 

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I loved the tape I saw of him where he didnt know how to use a gun and after some other guy loaded it for him, almost shot one of his own guys in the head by accident.
maybe the guy that almost got shot turned him in for the dough and in self-defense :eek:

What happens to a body when two 500 lb bombs explode next to where you are sitting?...and he was still alive on the stretcher :confused:

I heard an interview of someone who observed the house.  He said three vehicles arrived, all with their windows darkened.  One vehicle left before the bombs droped.  Then he heard some gunfire, then the bombs.

Were I Zarqawi I would be wondering where the folks in the third car went or what the gunfire was all about. Maybe he steped outside to look around and was standing next to the house when the bombs arrived.

If I were the folks in the third vehicle I would be in deep cover.  Either the bad folks think they findered Zarqawi or they are on the short list of folks the US/Iraq gov wants to find. Either way I would be in a deep hide-hole.

saluki9 said:
Entering a building with people shooting at you doesn't seem to have the same turnoff for them as it does for me.

It sure does get the adrenaline pumping. They "kill" us enough in training to keep us focused, and one out of every couple hundred times in real life something went terribly wrong (for the bad guys) and maybe out of quite a few thousand one time was bad for us. It was those times in the last category when it would have been nice to have some zoomies with GBU's on call.

So, I'm thinking of joining my Iraqi brothers and sisters in celebration. You know, dancing around the backyard shooting off my AK and chanting. Hmmm, maybe I'll use a BB gun instead and stay out of trouble.
Does that make me a bad person?

IntoTheMystic said:
What happens to a body when two 500 lb bombs explode next to where you are sitting?...and he was still alive on the stretcher :confused:

From the Associated Press:

Maj. Gen. Bill Caldwell, speaking to reporters at the Pentagon by video-teleconference from his office in Baghdad... also suggested the possibility that Zarqawi was not inside the safehouse when it was attacked. He said he spoke with several knowledgeable Air Force officers on Friday to learn how it was possible for Zarqawi to have survived, even for a short time, the devastating power of two 500-pound bombs.

"They assured me that there are cases when people, in fact, can survive even an attack like that on a building structure," Caldwell said. "Obviously, the other five in the building did not, but he did for some reason. And we do not know — and I've looked through the report — as to whether or not it was because he might have been right outside (the targeted building) or whatever. We just don't have that granularity."

mickeyd said:
Agree, for the Western citizens.

However Mr. Z is covered by only the Al--Quada benefit that allows 77 virgins in heaven so the living option is not available to him under his retirement plan as I undestand it.
It is a "defined benefit" plan. An as we know from experience, sometimes these don't pay out as the recipient believes he was promised.

Cute n Fuzzy Bun'ny said:
Wont he be surprised to find out that you dont get 72 virgins, you get a 72 year old virgin...
I thought that was 72 Virginians... starting with George Washington & Thomas Jefferson wanting to know what he did to deserve their attention.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom