Abu Musab al-Zarqawi killed in air raid

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, this a**hole is with his virgins now.  A real despicable person.  It took a while, but the Forces of Good got the forces of evil.  Watch GWB's poll numbers bounce.  They really bounce in October with Osamba's demise.   :D  It should take the Dems about 2 minutes to speak about this..... then back to the alleged Marine murders. Oh well, you can't win 'em all. Look for Bin Laden in October!

May bin laden's number one thug burn in hell.

Good riddance.

But I don't think it really changes anything in the situation, no?

I would rather have him gone than have him there in Iraq cooking up new bombs and sawing peoples heads off.

It will make ZERO difference with the insurgency. JMHO

didnt we think finding sadaam would have caused a lower level of retaliation? it didnt

Tell me that didn't sting those Army grunts a little that they tracked him, gathered intelligence, and finally located him but it was the AF that got to pull the trigger

saluki9 said:
Tell me that didn't sting those Army grunts a little that they tracked him, gathered intelligence, and finally located him but it was the AF that got to pull the trigger
Hmmm... assaulting an urban fortress with who knows what inside, or letting some zoomie in a flight simulator squeeze a button while the infantry handles perimeter security at a safe standoff.

Tough choice. If I was the infantry grunt I'd be buying that zoomie a few frosty beverages.

Not a huge military impact, but it's awesome! I keep having a song from Wizard of Oz running through my head...."Ding Dong the witch is dead". :D

Nords said:
... or letting some zoomie in a flight simulator squeeze a button while the infantry handles perimeter security at a safe standoff.

Geeez Nords. That "flight simulator" was an F-16, which pulls several more G's than the high dollar video game you are referring to.

Nords said:
I hate learning that I'm mortal but it looks like I'll heal, and I'll probably get less grumpy over the next couple months.

I'm sure our wishes for your speedy recovery pale in comparison to those of your immediate family. :D

Laurence said:
Not a huge military impact, but it's awesome!  I keep having a song from Wizard of Oz running through my head...."Ding Dong the witch is dead".  :D

Oh, so I'm not the only pervert one with that song going. That's reassuring.

Nords said:
Hmmm... assaulting an urban fortress with who knows what inside, or letting some zoomie in a flight simulator squeeze a button while the infantry handles perimeter security at a safe standoff.

Tough choice. If I was the infantry grunt I'd be buying that zoomie a few frosty beverages.

I know what you mean Nords. I only based my comment on the two SF guys I've personally met. One is a SEAL (active and a distant relative) and the other was a green beret. Entering a building with people shooting at you doesn't seem to have the same turnoff for them as it does for me.

Good riddance.

It doesn't make me dislike Bush any less, though.

I hope they're lying about how they tracked him. Knowing is neat, but let's not improve OBL's counterintelligence in the process.

Great news from Iraq. No, it won't bring an end to the fighting (what single action will?), but the world has one less brutal, murderous thug today. I'd sure rather deal with al-Zarqawi and the rest of his wacked-out jihadist pals in Iraq (where we have some freedom of action) than have them here in our midst.

Of course, this fight against the leaders of Al Qaeda is only the most visible of steps needed to win this fight, not the most important one. We need to work to stop extremists from spawning in the first place, and to help assure the underlying ideology is seen as irrelevant to the populations who are now drawn to it. That won't happpen quickly.

Anyone know who's getting the $25M?

And do you tip the pilots or the guy with the targeting laser?

He'll be replaced in nine seconds.

I loved the tape I saw of him where he didnt know how to use a gun and after some other guy loaded it for him, almost shot one of his own guys in the head by accident.

A real terrorist threat...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:

The replacements will eventually go away as we kill them off one by one.

Nords said:
Anyone know who's getting the $25M?

And do you tip the pilots or the guy with the targeting laser?

My idea for the $25 million--we not-so privately deliver the cash to various radical Shia and Sunni elements in Iraq--that should get them killing each other.

I didn't get a look at the HUD shots--I heard the news say they were laser-guided bombs, but a GPS weapon isn't out of the question. The guy with the targeting laser could have been in the other acft.

The biggest let down--due to CENTCOM's General Order 1, there's a big restriction on alcohol in theater. So, drink 'em if you got 'em in honor of those who can't have a well-deserved cold one tonight.

samclem said:
I didn't get a look at the HUD shots--I heard the news say they were laser-guided bombs, but a GPS weapon isn't out of the question. The guy with the targeting laser could have been in the other acft.

I heard on a news report this morning that the first weapon was laser guided and the second was GPS. Haven't seen anything since to verify that.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:

I loved the tape I saw of him where he didnt know how to use a gun and after some other guy loaded it for him, almost shot one of his own guys in the head by accident.

A real terrorist threat...

He was pretty handy with a knife as he sawed off infidel heads though.

Regarding the $25m, I heard on the news that one of his guys provided the location info but because he had to be in the meeting at the time of the bombing, he won't be able to collect. :-\

Back
Top Bottom